Priceline Hotel: Need help with bid for 4* Inner Harbor 10/21

Minniemom
By Minniemom,
in

This is my first time dealing with Priceline and I'm not quite sure how to strategize my bid. It looks like many people have been able to get a 4* for less than $100, which I'd love to do.

We are only going to be staying for one night - 10/21 and I want to be downtown around the inner harbor. Any suggestions on how to get started? Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Direct rates are high for the above date so i'm not so certain you will have success at $100 or below, but you have LOTS of re-bid zones in this region so i would start by following the strategy below. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones wth the board (you have 11 re-bid zones when bidding 4* in this region).

Select 4* Inner Harbor-Downtown...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $100

If the above fails let us know if you want to bid higher (and what your maximum bid would be) or if you'd rather lower your star rating... we'll take it from there.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm working on a long term project in the Baltimore area. My company/client don't want me to pay me more than $100 per night and have a negotiated rate at the Comfort Inn BWI. So I decided to go the Priceline route. I have been consistently getting one of the 4* hotels in the Inner Harbor (Marriott Waterfront, Pier 5, Hyatt, Renaissance) for $79 per night plus taxes/fees. (See my previous Inner Harbor posts)

Except the week you mentioned.

For that week (10/17 - 20) I had to bid up to $129 per night and got the Hyatt, still a pretty good deal I think. I really don't want to chance a 3*. My bid was accepted last week. This week one of my colleagues got the Hyatt for that week for $119. So clearly that week is an aberration, there is something going on that is driving up the price and/or driving down the available inventory.

Subsequent weeks in Oct/Nov I have gotten 4* again for $79.

Good luck.

P.S. To webmaster: I've been tardy with posting a few bids due to workload but I will get to it. :)

• 5 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]