LAS Las Vegas Midsize Hertz

Don_ww
By Don_ww,
in

Bid on PRICELINE started from here.

1) Started with $12/day bid on Mid-size. (I have gotten less before...), got a NO.

2) Gave me choice to rebid same option for suggested $20/day, I picked $14/day, they said "very low" so I changed it to $15/day, got a NO.

3) They gave me an ACT-NOW for $20/day to get it. I said no, and did a rebid on different category, picked standard size for $17/day, NO.

4) They gave me a rebid option for the standard and suggested $22/day, I said no, and offered $19/day. They should of took it, but I got a NO.

5) Note, at $19/day, it was (for 4 days) $76 + $55.08 tax/fees for $131.08 total. Hotwire was only $10 more total, so I know I was close.

6) They again offered $20/day for the midsize, and I took it. That is $80 + $53.02 (tax/fee) for $133.02 total. Interestingly that is only $2 more total from my offer for the standard that was rejected. Accepting my offer (that they recommended) I saved 52% on the Hertz car I received.

$20/day seems reasonable for this location.

I liked the way Priceline did car bidding years ago, particularly being offered a car upgrade after a winning bid for very little $, something that apparently they no longer do.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]