Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle - Woodley Park) Washington Marriott Wardman Park

derp
By derp,
in

Felt compelled to share my experience using Priceline for the first time. This site has been invaluable, and I am extremely grateful for the tips and advice on the board. I will return after our trip to post my thoughts on the hotel. And I should mention that I used the site's PRICELINE link to do my bidding.

I started off bidding $70 in Dupont Circle, rejected.

Added Downtown, $75, counteroffer of $98, which I rejected.

Added Alexandria West, VA, $80, rejected.

Went up in increments of $1, adding Bethesda, MD; Capitol Hill South; Cleveland Park; Crystal City, VA; DC Northeast; and finally Georgetown North. Bid of $86 was accepted.

What I'm guessing is the same hotel was available for the same date range on the Express Deals for $100/night, so with the 10% discount, could have been had for $90, but hey, I'll take every dollar off I can get. The rate through the hotel's website was over $250/night, so I am quite pleased with the results.

Any comments/reviews/suggestions about the hotel would be very much appreciated. Also, is there a way to ensure I get a room with a king size bed rather than 2 doubles? If I call the hotel and ask them to hold a room with a king bed, will they be accommodating or do they wait to see what rooms they can rent out at the regular rate before accommodating their Priceline customers?

Again, to everyone responsible for making and maintaining this site, THANK YOU!

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on your success!

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding :)

We hope you're satisfied with the outcome and will like the Marriott.

Any comments/reviews/suggestions about the hotel would be very much appreciated. Also, is there a way to ensure I get a room with a king size bed rather than 2 doubles? If I call the hotel and ask them to hold a room with a king bed, will they be accommodating or do they wait to see what rooms they can rent out at the regular rate before accommodating their Priceline customers?
I'm sorry to say that I can't say anything about the hotel since I have never stayed there. You could request a room with a king bed, but the hotel could be unable, or unwilling, to accommodate your request... or charge an additional fee if they are willing to accommodate you request. You can try to call and ask if no go by phone ask again when you arrive.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]