Priceline Hotel: 4.5* DC (White House - Downtown) Loews Madison Hotel

Robert Clark
By Robert Clark,
in

Thank you for this wonderful forum and the help you provide. It's an incredible resource. I'm wondering if you might be able to help me figure out which these are for the dates of 8/30/13-9/4/13:

HOTWIRE 4-star Hotel in Dupont Circle - National Zoo ($85 per night, 95% rating, standard price $143, 4.0/5 on TripAdvisor)

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Pet friendly

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

PRICELINE

4 Star Hotel in Dupont Circle - Woodley Park Area for $79/night

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Internet in public areas

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)

This deal saves 45% or more compared to similar hotels*

Thanks again for any assistance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet please start by reading your messages.

I'm currently seeing a different 4* property offered on HOTWIRE when searching for your dates... are you searching for more than one room or something other than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When searching HOTWIRE for your dates and 2adults/1child i see a 4* hotel in the Dupont Circle zone with:

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... my best guess for this property would be the Hilton Washington and Towers.

HOWEVER, the 4* hotel you have listed has a different set of amenities... if that is the one you're still seeing my guess for that property would be the Omni Shoreham.

My guess for the PRICELINE EXPRESS property would be the Dupont Circle Hotel OR the Marriott Wardman Park... but keep in mind that PRICELINE EXPRESS only guarantees double occupancy, after that it is at the discretion of the hotel and they may not be able, or willing, to accommodate your request.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board. (and please do read your messages if you haven't done so already)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for being so generous with your time. If I may ask about one more series of hotels, I'd be so grateful for your help. I'm applying the same dates (8/30-9/4) with 2 adults in one room. My wife wants to be closer to her family so now I'm searching the downtown area. I apologize in advance for asking so many questions, please know your assistance means so much.

HOTWIRE 4.5-star Hotel in White House - Downtown, $124/night, 90% rating, standard rate $197. My guess: Loews Madison?

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Braille or raised signage

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

HOTWIRE Four Star (White House - Downtown area) $106 (Standard Price $171), 90% rating. My guess: Donovan House?

Fitness Center

Business Center

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

HOTWIRE : 3.0 star (White House - Downtown area) $79/night, standard price: $116, 90% rating. My guess: Four Points

Suite

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

PRICELINE 4 Star (White House - Downtown area) $100 (Rated 7.0 out of 10 (or higher) Saves 35%

Guaranteed Amenities:

Outdoor Swimming Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

PRICELINE 4.5 star (White House - Downtown area) $123/night, 35% savings Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher): My guess: Loews Madison?

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Fitness Center

Again, my most sincere thanks for your assistance. And as always, I will use your HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links when booking.

Best guess / comments for each:

HOTWIRE:

4.5* The Madison a Loews Hotel

4* --> i'm not seeing any 4* hotel offered in this zone when searching HOTWIRE for your dates

3* The Quincy

PRICELINE EXPRESS

4* --> not seeing any 4* offered when searching for your dates

4.5* The Madison a Loews Hotel

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks for all your help today. If you were looking for a 4* hotel under $100 near the museums (Capitol Hill-Nat'l Mall, Dupont Circle or White House-Downtown are all fine by me). What would you pick right now from the HOTWIRE or PRICELINE blind deals? I trust your judgment. My wife and I have been sitting here tonight rather befuddled, this is our first time using these services.

Thanks again for being so generous with your time. Once I finally get a hotel, I'll post the results and what descriptions were used.

I would either take the Loews Madison (if using PRICELINE EXPRESS using the discount link code in my signature for an additional 10% OFF) OR on HOTWIRE there is a 4* hotel for $92/nite (your price may differ slightly) with:

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... my guess for this one would be the The Liaison Capitol Hill - an Affinia Hotel, and the Affinia properties always do a very good job.

These two, or the Donovan House if you like Boutique hotels, would be my top choice(s).

I would choose whichever location you feel works well for your plans and has convenient metro access. (use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com to search for hotels by name and then you can zoom in on the map to see how close the hotel is to a metro station)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Booked the 4.5 star Downtown hotel using your PRICELINE code, it indeed was the Loews Madison, with the 10% off coupon it came to $111 per night. I had tried bidding up to $108, so I think that was going to be the best rate, regardless.

Thank you again for all your help! You were wonderful and really guided me to exactly what I needed.

For the record, the Loews Madison was described as follows:

PRICELINE 4.5 star (White House - Downtown area) $123/night, 35% savings Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher).

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Fitness Center

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]