Priceline Hotel: 3*-4* NYC (UMT) 10/29-11/1

bubbles
By bubbles,
in

first off i'd like to say how helpful everyone on this board is, kudos!

i've been lurking around trying to reseach as much as possible and just looking for some suggestions before i start bidding.

planned nyc visit is sat 10/29 - tues 11/1 and would like to stay in 3*-4* upper midtown area, but a bit flexible as long as its fairly close to central park south. i'm willing to split days if it will be substantially cheaper. my budget is under $200 and STRONGLY prefer to be closer to $150 but i realize that will be unlikely for sat.

-what days should i split?

-is this a busy time?

-how much for each split stay?

-bid now or bid later?

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If price is important to you, and it sounds as if it is, i would strongly suggest you bid for MTE, MTW and UM/CPS rather than just the UM/CPS zone... are all three zones acceptable to you?

Do you only want ot split your stay once (rather than a different hotel each nite)

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

my tentative bidding perspective is this:

4* UM/CPS Zones for 10/29

-$140

-$150

etc to approx.~$180ish

if unsuccessful do the same thing but add zones MTE & MTW

and if that doesn't work do the start from the beginning but with 3*

and do the same for the remaining split day.

does this sound reasonable? i'm trying first to see if i can get everything to my specification, and gradually compromise. $20-30 more than $150 or $200? how much do you think a 4* for those days will approximately go for? how about a 3*?

How do you intend to bid from $140 to $180 for just the UM/CPS zone? You only have two re-bid zones at that level so you're not going to be able to icrease by $10 as i think you're suggesting.

As well, based upon current rates, i don't think you're close for the nite of 10/29.... especially for the UM/CPS zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]