Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (Dupont Circle - Woodley Park) The Embassy Row Hotel

neirbo78
By neirbo78,
in

Hi

I am looking at bidding via your link to PRICELINE for a 3* or greater for Washington for the dates 26 March 2014 to 29 March 2014.

Would like to either stay in the following areas:

Dupont Circle - Woodley Park

Whitehouse - Downtown

I have been seeing a lot of successful bids on this forum for 4* hotels for around $75-$100, but I think that is because it is for this year. I know that the dates that I will be in Washington for will be Cherry Blossum Festival season.

Should I wait until the end of the year to try bidding? Only looking at spending (all up inc taxes) around $150 per night Aussie dollars, as we will have a car also which will need to be garaged as well.

Thank you for your help.

Amy

I am looking at bidding via your link to PRICELINE for a 3* or greater for Washington for the dates 26 March 2014 to 29 March 2014.
Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* vs. a 3* OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this trip?
I have been seeing a lot of successful bids on this forum for 4* hotels for around $75-$100, but I think that is because it is for this year. I know that the dates that I will be in Washington for will be Cherry Blossum Festival season.
Rates are date specific and controlled by supply/demand... if you're traveling during a busier time (such as the Cherry Blossom Season) you should expect rates to be more than the lowest rates that others are able to win during slower periods of time.
Only looking at spending (all up inc taxes) around $150 per night Aussie dollars, as we will have a car also which will need to be garaged as well.
Please use the US version of both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE... what is your maximum bid in US Dollars? I assume you are landing someplace other than DC and driving to the DC area, as opposed to landing in DC and renting a car upon arrival?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not sure where you are heading after DC (if back to NYC) but there are plenty of cheap transportation options from NYC-->DC (and other points in between) that could be cheaper then renting a car and parking... unless you intend to leave either city, a car is not really necessary in either NYC or DC, imo.

When bidding 3* in DC you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* White House...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Dupont Circle...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* White House and Dupont Circle...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

While i think the above may fall short i would start with this, if rejected we can revise to try again in 24 hours OR there is also a 4* hotel on HOTWIRE offered in the Dupont Circle zone for $121/nite (Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly) which i'm guessing is the Hilton Washington should this be of any interest and work for your needs.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

My boyfriend and I are visiting a lot more places on the East Coast, so a car for us is required. We know now that Parking in a lot of the cities that we are visiting is quite high.

Select 3* White House...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE... - all of these bids were rejected

Select 3* Dupont Circle...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE... - all of these bids were rejected

Select 3* White House and Dupont Circle...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100.....all of these bids were rejected

Unfortunately I could not log on to my computer over the weekend so I missed that Hotwire deal.

Thanks Amy

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful obtaining a hotel in one of your preferred zones and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]