Priceline Hotel: Newbie....question about Washington, PA hotel location

kellogg315
By kellogg315,
in

New to Priceline and these forums. I am trying to book a room in or near Washington, PA for 9/21/13 for one night. When I go to enter my bid, I get the following warning:

Please note: Washington, Pennsylvania is located within the Pittsburgh Suburbs - South region and may or may not be in one of the areas listed below.

Just curious about this warning and how far away I might end up? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The shaded area of the zone map you see when you are bidding defines the area in which you could receive a hotel. It actually is a pretty large zone, maybe 4 miles across and 10 long. For more detail, you can zoom in to see street names and other info. You also can zoom further out to see how it lies with respect to Pittsburg. The city of Washington is roughly in the center of it, and the actual zone name is Pittsburgh Suburbs - South.

So - you could end up about 5 miles away from the city of Washington when bidding the zone.

Romelle

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Are you able to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundary of the zone?

You can also check HOTWIRE to see if their zone boundaries are different.

If you need a more precise location you can also use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which has a very powerful interface that will enable you to see hotels near virtually any given address as we as easily determine how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further then your ideal location.

Let us know how you decide you'd like to proceed and/or how we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]