Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Baltimore (Inner Harbor - Camden Yards) Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel

manypims
By manypims,
in

I'm going to Baltimore for a convention and the prices are a bit higher than usual. I'm actually staying for two nights and I got greedy and paid the price. Word of caution: If you see a price on the Express Deals and you decide to try and bid and get something lower, there is a chance that the Express Deal will go up 10 to 20%. It has happened to me twice in the past month and maybe I'll learn my lesson.

Here's how this one unfolded:

I searched on Express Deals from 9/18 to 9/20, and a 3 1/2 star, which I deciphered to be the Sheraton, showed up for $110 per night (list price $235). However, when I searched on 9/18 to 9/19, it was $87 (list price $240); and 9/19 to 9/20 was also $87 (list price $230). Now the greedy part, I bid on 9/18 to 9/19 starting at $50 and with free re-bids, worked my way up to $85. When $85 was denied, I decided to go back to Express Deals and buy the room for $87. Except for one small problem, the price was now $110.

I then went to the 9/19 to 9/20 Express Deals and saw the price was still $87. I bought the room and then tried to add one earlier day. It gave me the option of $110.

Which brings me to this bid. I waited a day, came back to 9/18 to 9/19, and saw the Express Deal was still $110. Would the price go up again if I tried bidding? One way to find out. I started at $85 and then using free re-bids won the room for $95.

At the end of the day, I got the first night for $95 (list $240) by bidding and the second night for $87 (list $230) by using Express Deals. Moral of the story -- it may not make sense to the veteran Priceline bidder, but if you see a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal for 60% off, don't get greedy because it might cheaper than bidding.

...I got the first night for $95 (list $240) by bidding and the second night for $87 (list $230) by using Express Deals.

... can you please add your PRICELINE EXPRESS win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of that win too, and in your post please include the amenities that were shown before your purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]