Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower) Ivy Boutique Hotel

thebrux
By thebrux,
in

This is my first post here - My wife and I are looking for a nice hotel in downtown Chicago this weekend (8/22-8/25). I saw the following express deals and am wondering what hotels they could be. I'm also looking for tips on bidding for a hotel in this area given these two deals. Thanks in advance!

Deal 1: $133/night

4*

Guest Rating: 7.0

Amenities: Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center

Deal 2: $213/night

4.5*

Guest Rating: 8.0 (Guest Favorite)

Free Internet, Restaurant

I'm also looking for tips on bidding for a hotel in this area given these two deals.

Is there a specific hotel you're looking for OR are you looking to bid on PRICELINE in hopes of a better price then either of the above?

Also, with such a wide disaparity betwen the two hotels above, what is it that you're looking for from this stay and what is your maximum budget (per nite before taxes/fees)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is there a specific hotel you're looking for OR are you looking to bid on PRICELINE in hopes of a better price then either of the above?

Also, with such a wide disaparity betwen the two hotels above, what is it that you're looking for from this stay and what is your maximum budget (per nite before taxes/fees)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear - I'm looking for the nicest place to stay under $200/night. I'd like to bid if I can get a better price than the above, but if the hotel is a known quality I would consider the express deal. I tried to get a room at the James on their 3 nights for the price of 2 deal (would have been around $170/night) but they were out of rooms on that deal. I don't have a specific hotel in mind but would like high quality at a good price. We're heading to Chicago for a 3 day weekend and looking to relax, eat, shop and have fun.

I tried to bid for a 4.5*+ room and was rejected at $170, $180, $190 and $200 (adding zones w/o 4.5* rooms between bids). We're looking for quality, but I'd like to spend less than $200/night.

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE: possible Hotel Felix ($122), possible Swiss ($140), possible Allerton ($131), possible Ivy ($157; this is a newer hotel), possible Intercontinental ($177, although for $157 I'd rather go for the possible Ivy) and possible Public ($152). Are any of these of interest? Let us know and we would be happy to point them out on HOTWIRE.

I'm seeing a different express deal again for these date/s - internet, restaurant, business, fitness w/no rating. I'm guessing this might be the Felix. I'm not seeing a 4.5* in downtown at all for these date/s.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE: possible Hotel Felix ($122), possible Swiss ($140), possible Allerton ($131), possible Ivy ($157; this is a newer hotel), possible Intercontinental ($177, although for $157 I'd rather go for the possible Ivy) and possible Public ($152). Are any of these of interest? Let us know and we would be happy to point them out on HOTWIRE.

I'm seeing a different express deal again for these date/s - internet, restaurant, business, fitness w/no rating. I'm guessing this might be the Felix. I'm not seeing a 4.5* in downtown at all for these date/s.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The Ivy at $157 sounds like a steal, but when I search HOTWIRE I can't seem to find that specific deal (I see a 4.5* for $167). I'll go for that if you are pretty sure it's the Ivy.

Thanks!

Thanks for you help! I used the HOTWIRE link and got a room at the Ivy for $157/night. A room that's going for $347 on their site. Thanks again! I'll definitely be coming back when I'm looking for a room again.

Happy to help! :)

This is an awesome deal for this newer property, which has gotten terrific reviews. For breakfast, Yolk is a few blocks away at 355 E Ohio. Heading South into the Loop, I like Pittsfield Cafe (http://www.yelp.com/biz/pittsfield-cafe-chicago), which is in the Pittsfield building and an old-school Chicago diner (they are cash only) and Wildberry (http://www.yelp.com/biz/wildberry-pancakes-and-cafe-chicago-2).

Let us know if you have any city questions.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]