SW Zurich

Romelle
By Romelle,
in

Renaissance Zurich Hotel

Glattbrugg - Zurich Airport (ZRH)

Thurgauerstrasse 101, Zurich-Glattbrugg, Switzerland

41-448745000

A lovely hotel. I stayed 2 nights, spent some time touring other areas of Switzerland, and then another 4 nights.

It is quiet, immaculate and elegant.

The front desk is particularly helpful and friendly.

Free Wi-Fi in the lobby, although it is pay in the rooms.

The first stay I received a standard room which still was extremely nice. Very large by European standards. Coffee machine and fridge in the room. Very comfortable bed and lots of pillows. Table, spare chairs, large screen TV.

The second stay I was lucky enough to get on their Executive floor. Even larger room, upscale toiletries, and lots of other nice touches. Access to the lounge which was kept stocked with beverages and snacks (apples, nuts, pumpkin seeds, cookies, crackers, etc.) While I was loving wandering about Zurich, I was so comfortable in the room that sometimes it was difficult to make myself leave it.

Either #10 or #12 trams will get you there from the airport in 9 minutes! The stop is Glattpark. Not to be confused with a couple Glatt-something-else stops . The hotel is only about 1/4 block from the tram line and easily spotted while riding. I never did manage to make the ticket machines right outside the airport work, but the one clear out at the tram line did accept my credit card.

To get downtown from the hotel, #10 or #11 trams will do the job in about 25 minutes. #12 doesn't go downtown.

The trams run at least every 15 minutes, and more often in rush hours.

For grocery shopping, the airport has full-sized Migros and Coop supermarkets with prices apparently the same as those in other areas.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]