PL's "Book an Express Deal" tab

light packer
By light packer,
in

Right after my bid is declined, there's a tab called "Book a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal" that appears. When I click on it, I see "deals" that PL has named a price already.

I've been low-balling for the first few days but have increased my bid dramatically in the past couple of days. Still no success. I looked into the "Book a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal" and I see that my current bid is only about 50 bucks short of the express deal.

My most current bid is $198. The express deal is $244. I am almost tempted to accept the express deal but I want to keep bidding and trying my luck. I usually start with $170ish (I can rebid 3 times) and increment by $10. If my $170ish bid gets accepted, then that's about $80 savings for me compared to express deal.

Do my bids get rejected because it's not within range, say $10-range, of the express deal?

Are the express deal prices some sort of a "guide" as to how to price my bid?

Which city are you bidding for and date/s of travel? Additionally, star rating/zone/s of interest?

Your bids are not rejected because they are near the express deal price (there have been instances where bids have been accepted above the retail price.) The Express Deal prices do not provide a strict guideline as to what to expect on the bidding side (and if a hotel is showing on the Express Deals side, it may not be on the bidding side.) The spread between NYOP and Express Deals prices are not going to be substantial, though.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]