Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Diego (Gaslamp Quarter North - Horton Plaza) Ramada Inn Suites Gaslamp

wardnine
By wardnine,
in

Staying in San Diego 9/18-9/19 (2 nights) and would like to stay in 3* hotel or better paying a maximum of $100/night. Would very greatly prefer to stay in Gaslamp Quarter area but also willing to stay in areas immediately nearby, such as Downtown-Harbor Island and Hillcrest-Balboa Park areas. Will have car and am traveling back and forth between downtown San Diego and Tijuana (won't actually be taking car into Tijuana though).

Ready to bid immediately so any help appreciated, thanks!!!

You've lucked out with this date, which is somewhat more reasonable as San Diego goes. HOTWIRE has a 4* in the Downtown-Airport zone for $90 and there's a 3* in the zone for $80. Would you rather go for a 4* or try for a more reasonable 3*? Only a couple of properties have been reported to the board in the Hillcrest-Balboa Park zone.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I haven't looked at pricing for your dates yet but i assume 4* hotels in the Gaslamp Quarter would be acceptable as well should your 3*/3.5* bid be upgraded to the 4* level?

Did you want to first try for a 4* in the Gaslamp Quarter zone up to your limit, then if rejected try for a 3.5* in the Gaslamp zone, then if rejected try for a 3* in the Gaslamp zone... then if rejected consider the other surrounding zones? Is that the game plan?

OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better in the gaslamp (without trying for a higher star rating first) and then if rejected try for nearby zones?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.... and your searches too! (please click each of these previous links before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* in San Diego you have TWELVE re-bid zones... at the 3.5* level you have TEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Gaslamp...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid 93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* Gaslamp...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid 93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask. If this too fails then we can discuss a 4*/3.5* in a neighboring zone OR if you want to try for a 3* in the Gaslamp Quarter zone.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Before bidding again or lowering your star rating, HOTWIRE currently has a 4.5* in their Gaslamp Quarter North zone for $150/nite with:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

Best guess for this property would be the Palomar San Diego (this property is located in PRICELINE's Downtown zone)... would this work for your needs?

There is also an $85 3* hotel i'm guessing is the Ramada Gaslamp - The Historic St James Hotel... and a 4* for $209 i believe is the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter.

Any interest in any of the above or do you want to try PRICELINE at the 3* level?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hilton San Diego ($209) - Don't want to pay that much

Palomar San Diego ($150) - I'd consider it for like $120 but I'll have a car and looks like they want $35/day for parking so no thanks

Ramada Gaslamp ($85) - This one looks doable. Would you recommend just taking this over trying for another 3* in Gaslamp? I'm looking at the Priceline list of hotels and it looks like there maybe aren't any 3* PRICELINE hotels in Gaslamp (skips from 3.5 down to 2.5)? If there aren't any Priceline 3* hotels in Gaslamp I'll probably just go with this one or try for 3.5/4* in surrounding area. Sorry - I'm not knowledgeable about San Diego hotels so let me know what you think, thanks!!!

If you read the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List you'll see that the hotel list only contains hotels reported to the board and there could certainly be (and likely others)... such as the Residence Inn, Wyndham Harbour Lights, and the Gaslamp Plaza Suites as just a few examples. Also, note that on PRICELINE the Ramada Gaslamp is only 2.5 star rated... so if you want to try to bid for this then you'll need to be willing to accept any 2.5* property as rated by PRICELINE.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

At the 3* level you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Gaslamp Quarter...

Bid $100

If the above is rejected and you'd prefer a 3* vs. the guessed Ramada on HOTWIRE, then PRICELINE EXPRESS does have a 3* offered for $112/nite if you're willing to increase your budget further.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see this one went as planned and that you're pleased with the final results.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Can you confirm that the amenities associated with this property were:

Shuttle

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Enjoy your stay.

Yes, those were the amenities associated with this property. As further confirmation I've copied + pasted the amenities from my trip details below:

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]