Priceline Hotel: 1st post.. SAN JUAN RESORT few NOOBIE questons

jerseyreef
By jerseyreef,
in

HELLO, NJ here.. This is my first post and first time using PRICELINE... First off, I noticed that one person BID for 100 got intercontinental, and the other person also bid 100, got Water Club under Boutique .. You asked what the dates where for both. Do dates matter?

Once I bid, and it says, YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED FOR *(**(*(*&.. (not what i want) AM my Stuck with it, or could I cancel and try again 72 hours later?

DOES this go for just 2 people or could I fit 3 in a room (they going to surcharge me?)

I am trying to WIN OVER Intercontinental.. Fri, DEC 2....... for 2 nights (fri, sat)

Should I go for $100, $115 san juan, resort? or Boutique ? in your list of hotels, you there Boutique. Thank you

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You should start here: I'VE NEVER USED PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

Priceline only guarantees double occupancy, Hotwire allows you to search for up to quad occupancy.

Dates do matter, as rates are date specific (just as they are with 'conventional' bookings)

in your list of hotels, you there Boutique

I don't understand what the above means.

Start with the above and let us know if you are still able to use Pricelne and/or Hotwire or if we should look at other alternatives... we'll also need to know the dates of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HELLO there.. I learning for the site and about to put my bid in... cross my fingers.....

SAN JUAN

RESORT TYPE

Median retail price for a resort hotel in Puerto Rico: $205 (says puerto rico)

2 nights for pre cruise (dec 2, fri- Dec 4, sun)

(hotel price)

intercontinental $219.00 USD

marriot says No availability on some sites, but marriot says 155.00 (USD) per night

Caribe Hilton Hotel, 185

Wyndham- 346

I am hopeing for the wyndham or intercontinental.........

any thoughts? suggestion on HOW much to bid and when? :) Thank you again

Where are you getting your prices above from? This is what i get from the hotel websites (prepay/refundable):

Inter-Continental 259/299

Marriott sold-out

Which WYNDHAM are you quoting above... the Condado Plaza is 162/180.

You do have one re-bid zone available, read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and confirm your re-bid zone with the board if you're unsure.

I think you need to be bidding at $100+.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]