Hotwire Hotel: Planning for 6-7 days stay in Anaheim, Orange

ardz
By ardz,
in

Hello,

I am new to your board and no experience with priceline/hotwire.

We (family of 4, 2 adults, 2 children 6, 12) are going to spend 3 days at Disneyland, 1 day at Universal Studio, 2 days visiting other attractions/beaches in LA starting Aug 18, 2013.

We are considering max $80 per night (including taxes). We have a car and do not mind to pay for Disneyland parking if we can find cheaper rates that compensates the parking fee.

Q1- Which one do you recommend, Priceline or Hotwire?

Q2- Any chance to win a 3* or 31/2* with this price?

Q3- How much my starting bid should be as compared to the regular price?

Q4- Is the default bidding price for a room for 2 and we have to pay extra for the kids?

I appreciate your comments.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

1. For a party of four, I'd recommend HOTWIRE. You can indicate the amount of people in the party and get some form of bedding (2, 1 + sofa or 1 + rollaway) for the party. PRICELINE only guarantees 1 bed, double occupancy - you can ask for two beds at the hotel, but they may say no or charge more - there is no way to know in advance, and it may depend on who you talk to or the day.

First, given that rates are really date specific, which date/s are you looking at for Disneyland? We'll use this thread for that stay and please start additional threads for the other parts of your trip.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]