Hotwire Hotel: New York: Recommended area to stay

nsrao98
By nsrao98,
in

Hi,

I am planning to viist NY for sightseeing from 2nd Nov to 5th Nov. I will be travelling with my wife and son aged 14. Priceline is ruledout. I will be arrivivg at JFK by about 4:00PM on 2nd, after 12hrs non-stop flight. I will leave for Houston from LaGardia on 5th about 13:00hrs. This is my first visit to NY. My budget is $100-150/night. My questions are:

1. What is the best area to stay in the above budget and having decent rooms?

2. Is it possible to enjoy NY despite staying in airport areas? In otherwords what will be the logistic issues for commuting. Since I do not have any other commitments I do not mind commuting if there is not much of hassel is involved.

3. Any other suggetsion welcome.

Based on the suggetsed areas I will narrow my search and comeback.

Thanks in advance.

NS

I would try to see if EasyClickTravel or QUIKBOOK are offering anything interesting for your dates... although i suspect your budget will not likely be enough.

Unfortunately i do NOT recommend staying by the airports, the airport areas are not nice and not typically very easy for a daily commute to/from Manhattan.

Will you have a rental car?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I was reading your post regarding option of staying at NJ-Excahnge Place. I can as well take flight from Newyork, NJ to Houston in this case. Hyatt is soldout but, DoubleTree is aviable for about US$200.

1. Would you advise to stay in this part of the NY-NJ area for sightseeing in NY?

2. How difficlut is it to reach this area from JFK with baggage etc? can I get a cab ect?

3. Is it posible to narrow the search/identify for DoubleTree through Hotwire?

Any help in this regards is highly appreciated.

Regards,

NS

This area is fine for a NYC alternative, but $200 is a lot for a hotel room in this area (at least relatively speaking).

A taxi from JFK to Jersey City will cost you close to $100 after fare, toll, and tip. (you can do it a little cheaper if you're willing to take the PATH train part of the way or much cheaper if you are willing to use mass transit the entire way, but both of these could get ugly if you are traveling with a lot of luggage)

The Doubleteree has not yet ever been reported thru Hotwire so they may not even participate.

If you do book this please use our DOUBLETREE link to do so. I would also look at the local COURTYARD in the area which is also nice and conveniently located.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Could any one identify follwing properties:

Date of travel: Nov 2 - Nov5

1. Area: Fort Lee, - Hackenasck US$ 98 3star: Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness centre

2. Secaucus, MedowlandsUS$139, 3Star, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness centre, Golf Nearby, Business centre, Laundry Facility (self service)

Are these hotels convenient locations for sightseeing in NYC. (easy commute to NYC through PATH etc)

Thnak you very much.

NS

• 11 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]