Tallahassee 8/29 - 9/4 help

Zeekld
By Zeekld,
in

I'm searching for a Standard Car and the low price is showing 17/day through AVIS. However when I name my own price its is recommending that I start bidding around 25+/day. It changes the lowest price when naming your own price for some reason. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for any help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

You should ignore the suggested price shown by PRICELINE as it's often flawed and not meaningful to your bidding.

However, i will add that the $17/day rate you're seeing from AVIS for a standard car looks to be very good for these dates... are you still seeing this rate offered as available?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Why does the lowest listed price not carry over when naming your own price. Its showing around 17/day, but when I name my own price the price goes up. It says to bid again and the lowest price is around 40-50/day and I should put in a bid of 23/day. Is this something that normally happens with priceline?

You should ignore the suggested price shown by PRICELINE as it's often flawed and not meaningful to your bidding.
Are you actually able to book the Avis deal at $17/day on the retail side?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No, not at 17/day.

This is the BS answer priceline gave me. "If you are unable to book a reservation at the same rate as one you saw advertised on our website or in our e-mails, it could be that there are simply no itineraries available. In other cases, there could be open reservations, but no travel partners willing to release them to us at your specifications."

It's not clear to me where/when you're seeing the $17 rate... is that the 'suggested retail rate' on the page you enter your bid price, an advertisement for 'rates from $17/day', etc?

Regardless, it seems to me that this is not likely a valid rate for your dates of travel.

I do a car rental search for 8/29 8pm - 9/4 7pm from TLH airport. The price list the shows up for a standard car is AVIS 17/day, Budget 31/day, National 56/day etc. I click on the 17/day and it gives me the option to reserve it or at the top of the page I can name my own price. This is not a suggested retail rate or a advertisement it is the price that priceline shows for my dates. The issue is that when I go to name my own price its as if the AVIS price doesn't exist.

When i search PRICELINE as per your dates/times above, the AVIS standard price is $56/day.

As well, the price you're seeing is so far off from the other rates for the same car class that it appears to be a mistake (further confirmed by the fact that you're unable to t book it at that price)

1) that Avis price is excellent this rental... i would grab that asap (especially if it's refundable)

--> the price is nearly $40/day cheaper than the other rentals shown for this car class... don't hold out for an extra $3 savings per day as this $17 rate can disappear at any time and leave you spending much more. At the very least lock-in the $17 as a back-up (if refundable) while you continue to try to bid.

2) as per above:

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]