Hotwire Hotel: Please help with ID - 4* Midtown central 8/23-25

indismay
By indismay,
in

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click this offer from the search results page, then on the ensuing page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

That is from the "see all list" - I copy and pasted from the pop-up, so may have edited out some of the accessible info. Also included are:

Accessible bathroom

Handicap parking

Sorry about that.

The are from priceline express:

4* MTE - $149 (save 35%) - rating 8.0, with the amenities:

Pets

Restaurant

Business

Fitness

Maybe the 70 Park Avenue Hotel?

4* MTW - $149 (save 35%) - rating 8.0, with the amenities:

Internet

Pet

Resaurant

Business

Fitness

Maybe the Sheraton New York Times Square?

This is from HOTWIRE: MTE 3 1/2 * $134 ($269)

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet Access

Tennis Nearby

I read the reviews for both - seem to be comparable. Do you think one would be preferable over the other? I think that with the 10% discount, it is going to be difficult to get anything much less expensive.

A little off topic - we are flying into LGA; is there a shuttle/train to JFK? And from JFK can we take the subway into the city?

Best guess for each:

priceline.exprsss MTE: InterContinental The Barclay

PRICELINE EXPRESS MTW: Sheraton New York (least confident about this one)

HOTWIRE 3.5* MTE: One UN New York

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- in regards to your other question i'm not sure i'm following... do you want to go to JFK upon landing at JFK? For what reason? You can take the subway from JFK to Manhattan but the subway takes a long time and depending what time you are traveling some of the neighborhoods it goes thru are not that good at nite... the better option for a little more money but saves you a lot of time is to take the Long Island Raiload (LIRR) to Penn Station.... or if 3-4 people can consider a taxi.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you.

PS. We are actually flying into LGA around 11:30 am and just trying to stay on a budget - thought we might be able to save a few bucks to spend on the theater so thought public transportation might be be a little cheaper. The other option (and if we get a good price on a hotel, this is what we will do) is to hire a car to pick us up.

There is public transportation from LGA --> Manhattan but it involves taking a bus to the subway, which if you have luggage can be cumbersome (and depending where the hotel you end up with is located could involve a transfer on the subway which further complicates the issue). Regardless of how you intend to get to Manhattan, there is no need to go to JFK (nor would it be cost effective to do so).

What are your thoughts about each of the hotel options above?

Once you know the hotel you're staying at we can further advise on your best transportation options into the city.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Still trying to decide what to do. Have not done any bidding yet today - but am considering using aaa for some hotels in the MTE area. With the amount of fees imposed by priceline and hotwire, there may not be that much difference to get a little better hotel. I think I am overthinking all of the possibilities. Having used priceline and hotwire before in other areas - the discounts don't seem to be as large in NYC. I have decided to bid in the 4 1/2* range because there are some hotels in the 4* range that I really don't want.

Gottcha on the transportation - will probably hire a car once I have made a decision about hotels.

Thank you for all your help and patience. Will update when I make a decision.

OK, so I probably should have gone for the intercontinental barclay for $149 when it was on priceline express - anyway - please help identify this one on priceline:

EBS - 4*, 8.0 guest rating; $179 (35% savings)

Business center

Fitness

Bed choice available

Thanks for your patience.

I have booked the Fitzpatrick Grand Central for $156/night at another site using a 20% off coupon - it is cancellable with no fees until tomorrow at 3pm. I will probably try another bidding round with priceline tonight, but I don't think I will do any better than this. Thoughts?

The Fitzpatrick is a nice hotel with good reviews, but if by 'better' you mean a lower price, i do think you can get a lower price for a 4* hotel. The discount link code in my signature is currently offering 10% off in NYC for PRICELINE EXPRESS hotels where there are offers that would be cheaper then your $156 rate at the Fitzpatrick:

4* MTE for $149 - 10% = $135/nite

4* MSG for $161 - 10% = $145/nite

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases (and when booking thru other sources please check for and use the links in our Support Page whenever possible where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies)

Let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Unfortunately the cheapest 4* on PRICELINE EXPRESS is $168 - with the discount it is more than I paid for Fitzpatrick. There is a 3 1/2* in CPS for $135 (20% savings) - 7.0 guest rating with the following amenities:

internet

restaurant

business center

fitness

Best guess? I was thinking maybe Club Quarters Opposite Rockerfeller (there is no CPS on the regular sell side)

The PRICELINE EXPRESS rates i posted above were offered at the time posted.

I don't have a guess for this CPS property, but HOTWIRE does have a few 4* offers in the $146-$158 area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]