ATL Atlanta Midsize Hertz

soleglo
By soleglo,
in

I had previously used a discount code to rent a midsize vehicle from Aug 30 - Sept 2 for a total of $79. I tried to see if PL would beat this price and started with a bid of $10/day for a compact car and they countered with $13/day which I rejected. I then bid $11/day for a midsize and they said it was too low. I think I will stick with the discount ressie for now. I might try again closer to my trip.

At the counter-offer of $13/day your rental would still be slightly cheaper than your back-up reservation, and if you were successful at $12 even more so. The 'problem' wiht short term, and low priced, rentals such as this is that the booking fee can easily eat up a large part of the savings... so you need to decide if saving just a few dollars is worth the non-refundability of PRICELINE / HOTWIRE and not choosing which rental company you are purchasing from.

Also, you don't mention which rental company you would be renting from, but if not a 'first tier player' in the industry, a PRICELINE / HOTWIRE reservation from one of the top companies may be worth even a few dollars more than your current reservation with a second level company.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just received a $2/day coupon for PL that can only be used on a midsize and up. The current price for a midsize car is $15.95 on Hotwire. Please give me a strategy. Coupon expires today. Dates are 8/30-9/2. Atlanta. I currently have a reservation with National for a midsize car for $79 total.

I would try $11 bid (plus $2 coupon = $13 total) as that should give you about $10 savings vs. your current back-up reservation.

A reminder that you can still use bonus money along with the board's link as follows:

1) click the bonus money link and enter your email to deposit the bonus cash into your account (you may have already done this)

2) close the current browser

3) use a link on the board to access PRICELINE

4) go to the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS link at the top right of their home page

5) use the bonus money link in the MY REWARDS section of your profile (not a link from an email) and bid as usual

Thank you.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]