2 week rental LAX

schadenfreude13
By schadenfreude13,
in

I'm getting overwhelmed by the prices on all the sites and calibrating a successful bid - what's a good starting point for a small SUV or large/luxury/premium sedan (2 adults, one carseat, 3 large and two small luggage). Also, are weekly rates usually better than daily or vice versa? I don't have a problem splitting the duration - going back to LAX and swapping out the car halfway if it's cheaper. Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

What is the best rate (both on a daily and all-in basis) have you found so far?

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I always use the links here - just haven't posted before.
If you've had any successful wins over the last year since joining the board it would be appreciated if you started to share them with the board so that others can benefit from the information. :)

The second tier players (like Payless) are nearly half the rates if the first tier players (Avis, Budget, Dollar, Thrifty, etc). Since PRICELINE bidding and HOTWIRE hot rates only deals with the top tier companies, i don't think you're going to be able to beat this thru the opaque providers. As it costs nothing to try a bid you could try to get a slight savings, and first tier company, for close to the same rate, but beating your current rate significantly i don't think is going to be very likely.

Assuming you're comfortable with the second tier companies my search showed that FOX Rental Car to be a few dollars less than your rate above at the time of my search.

It also doesn't appear that splitting your rental and returning to the car rental counter to 'swap' cars would result in any savings.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]