Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago Suburbs (Schaumburg) Hyatt Regency Schaumburg Chicago

toledo
By toledo,
in

This was a really odd booking. My conference is at the Marriott, so I started bidding at $40 on a 4*. I bid up to $60, to no avail. Then I checked the Marriott web site and found out that they were sold out for my stay, which is actually 8/20-8/25. I would rather stay at the Hyatt Regency because of its tripadvisor ratings. The next thing I see today, is that the Marriot has been lowered to a 3.5*, so I wouldn't have gotten even if they did have availability. My AAA membership gets me a rate of $117 (tax included), with two $17 breakfast buffets, for 8/20-23, but then the rate jumps to $132 for the remaining two nights. Checking tripadvisor, I see that several discounters, including Priceline have a rate of $69 for 8/23-25, so I decide to bid again for those nights, alone. I started at $50, but got the "If you're willing to up your bid to $67...". I slowly raised my bids, using all the surrounding areas that don't have 4*s, until I hit $58 and it was accepted. Then I got the message saying I could add on two nights on either side of my stay. I tried for the two earlier nights at the $58 rate, only to be countered at $124. Yeah, right! Taxes and fees added another $11.46/night. The odd thing about this booking experience is the hotel web site had the best rates during the week, but Priceline had the best rates on the weekend

Congrats on your success. :)

I've stayed at this property previously; it's a really rather bland looking property on the outside, but I found it to be a very nice hotel on the inside. The hotel restaurant is also pretty good - the hotel has a garden in the back that the restaurant uses. The IKEA a couple of blocks North also offers a 99c breakfast special.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]