Priceline Hotel: 3* Detroit (Southfield) Marriott

macmedia
By macmedia,
in

Got a room at the Marriott Southfield in Detroit. Advertised as a 3* but I really don't think it qualifies as one. More like 2 to 2.5. Many 2.5 Embassy Suites or Courtyard hotels far surpass this. Slightly older (guessing it was built in the 70's or 80's) and rooms were a bit tiny. The furnishings were adequate. The TV was a bit hard to see from the bed due to the placement on the side. For the price I paid, it was a bargain - but I would never pay the discounted $120 they were asking for at their website.

Relatively easy to get to.

Wired Ethernet available for an extra $10 a day.

Price paid via Priceline - $40 + taxes = approx. $51

Sunday, Oct. 2nd, 2005

Thank you for sharing your win and experience at the hotel with the rest of the board.

We do have a HOTEL REVIEW section where you may want to post/add some of your comments above so that others researching this property will see your thoughts once this thread makes its way off the front page of the forum.

Sounds like although you didn't love the hotel, you felt you got a great value, and (at least for me) a value for my money is what i'm alway seeking.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]