Priceline Hotel: Union Square of Fisherman's Warf thru 09/05 - 09/09

alonbe
By alonbe,
in

Hi guys, this is my first time ever dealing with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, so I just want to make sure what I'm dealing with here.

I want to book a room for 2 adults in 09/05 - 09/09, either in Union Square area or Fisherman's Warf.

The main priority is budget, but no bedbugs are desired, so I assume we'd be looking for a 3* hotel.

2 questions then:

1. What price should I expect to be able to achieve using these websites for those dates?

2. When should I start bidding for those dates?

Thanks a lot guys, I've browsed a bit through the forum and you're awesome!

-alonbe

HOTWIRE has what appears to be the Pickwick Hotel in their USE zone for $131/nite, but on PRICELINE this property is in the SOMA - Moscone Center zone... would this be an acceptable outcome?

I'm asking as i think a PRICELINE win in the zones you have selected will cost somewhat more than this, so you could try bidding up to this amount for the USE, USW, and FW, and then if rejected take the HOTWIRE offer.

I also see what appears to be the Kensington Park Hotel which is well reviewed with a 4.5/5.0 TA rating, but at $169/nite not sure what your budget is and if you'd are willing to pay more for a hotel where it is known that the reviews are good based upon the TA rating.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too! (please click each of these previously links before replying)

Let us know your budget and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey, thanks for the response.

The Pickwick seems fine.

In general from what I read, SoMa would be fine as long as it's generally close to US (east-ish of 5th St.), so I guess I'd be cool with that.

Closer to US would be more preferable, but I'm not so calm about USW, as it might include Tenderloin which I understand is not a good place to stay in.

Ideally, my budget would be $120. I suppose that if I'm having a hard time finding something decent for that price then I'd be willing to push it up to $140. Just to make sure, these prices are before tax, right?

When you bid on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the boundaries of the zone.

Which zones, by PRICELINE name, are you willing to accept at the 3* (or higher) level?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would prefer Fisherman's Wharf or USE as first priority, and if I can't find anything there under the $131 price tag, I would accept USW , SOMA also.

If none of those are available, then Financial District below $120 would also be fine...

But all this is true considering the Pickwick $131 option remains available - I couldn't see if there is a deadline to that offer, should it expire anytime soon?

Thanks a lot!

The 3* USE on HOTWIRE (Pickwick?) is so much cheaper than any of the other offers that i think your chances of winning anything else by bidding are low (maybe a 3* in USW is possible) but you can try the following:

When bidding 3* in San Francisco you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* FW...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* USE...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Select 3* FW and USE...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

If the above is rejected and you then want to consider USW and SOMA you could try:

Select 3* USW and SOMA...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* USW and USE...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Select 3* SOMA and USE...

Select 3* USW and FW...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* SOMA and FW...

Select 3* USW and SOMA and FW and USE...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

If the above is rejected you can then include Financial District in your bidding:

Select 3* USW and SOMA and Financial...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* USW and USE and Financial...

Select 3* SOMA and USE and Financial...

Select 3* USW and FW and Financial...

Select 3* SOMA and FW and Financial...

Select 3* USW and SOMA and FW and USE and Financial...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

If the above is rejected you can then take the 3* hotel on HOTWIRE for $131 believed to be the Pickwick:

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Any questions feel free to ask. All of the bidding above can be done in one bidding cycle.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, all the bids were rejected.

The bad part is that the $131 offer on HOTWIRE is gone :(

I hope it's just me being blind, but I think they took it off.. Do those offers tend to return? I mean, should I just keep patient or jump on the $159 offer in the same area?

The bad part is that the $131 offer on HOTWIRE is gone :(

I hope it's just me being blind, but I think they took it off.. Do those offers tend to return?

With HOTWIRE, it really is dependent on inventory. There is no deadline - the deal may go away today, next week or may be available up until your stay. There is no way to know, really.

As per above, there is really no way to know... sometimes offers disappear for a day and then return, sometimes they won't ever return. I would give it a day and see how things play out... if it doesn't appear, you may want to try the previous strategy again, but increasing your bid amounts relative to the new HOTWIRE rate that is available.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if the previous property re-appears or if we can be of help with another HOTWIRE offer.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]