Hotwire Hotel: Help Newbie

TravelerOne
By TravelerOne,
in

Trying to use Hotwaire to make reservations for NYC trip with my fiance. I usually stay with friends in NYC so don't know much about the hotels.

On hotwire I see the following hotels, all in MTS.

> Boutique Hotel, High-Speed Internet Access - MTS - $280

> Fitness Center - MTS - $271

> Boutique Hotel, Restaurant(s), Business Center - MTS - $310

First, what are these hotels? I only see one boutique listed in the hotel list for MTS.

Second, my trip is for two nights, Nov. 18-19. Is it best to book it now or wait?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Booking now versus later has no guarentees. You should have a back-up (preferably a cancellable one with low or no fees) and determine your budget for your nights. Often the going rate might help determine tihs more than what 'you would like to spend".

Each hotwire reference you meniton can probably be determined if you provide the full list of ameneties for the nights given, along with the star rating and location.

Please use any relevant links for your bookings, as they help to support this service....

Is this what you saw? 4* Boutique Hotel, High-Speed Internet Access - MTS - $280

3* Fitness Center - MTS - $271 , 3.5* Boutique Hotel, Restaurant(s), Business Center - MTS - $310

If so, the 3* is probably the Le Marquis Amenities: Fitness Per the Hotwire Hotel List - New York

The 3.5* could be the Morgans- an Ian Schrager Hotel Amenities: Boutique, Restaurant, Business Center which was last reported as a 4*, otherwise there are no matches for the 3.5* and 4* hotels

There were no matches doing a "Package Search" for these dates or others (no boutique hotels shown)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Here is a thread about timing your bid:

SHOULD I BID EARLY or LATE TO ARRIVAL

If you let us know if the above are the complete list of amenities associated with each property (and if not please include the complete list) we'll have a closer look at them for you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Forgot to put the number of stars - If anyone can identify these hotels, I would appreciate it. This is what I was offered today for Nov 18-19 trip to NYC. We want to be near Lincoln Center, but will take a good hotel anywhere in MT.

4* - MTS - $286 - This Hotel features the following amenities: Boutique Hotel, High-Speed Internet Access

4* - MTE - $313 - Customer Favorite! Read reviews Selected amenities Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, Tennis Nearby, Business Center.

3.5* - MTS - $310 - Boutique Hotel, Restaurant(s), Business Center are the listed amenities

3.5* - MTE - $234 - Customer Favorite! Read reviews Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, Business Center.

Thanks so much for your help and this great site!!

Please double-check a few things:

The 3.5* in MTS... are you still seeing this property on a search? I'm not showing any 3.5* properties in the MTS for 11/18-11/20.

The 3.5* in MTE... are you sure there is a Restaurant icon in addition to the Fitness and Business icons?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll also add a few more ideas within your pricepoint....

Carlton on Madison: $265/nite i don't know too much about it but passed by the other day and it looked quite nice (elegant?) from the outside. I came home and read these reviews which sounded promising.

Marriott Financial Center (believed to be): $278/nite is located downtown, which is not the ideal location of where you want to be, but if you don't mind the location or have some other reason to be downtown, this is a great hotel (for my wedding we had our guests stay here)

Millenium UN Plaza: for $287/nite. Nice hotel, a bit east, but only a 10 minute walk to Grand Central for subway needs.

Drake Swissotel: for $318/nite

All of the above are also cancellable up to 72 hours before your check-in date.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]