Best Time for Bidding?

krular
By krular,
in

I use priceline whenever i go out of town for hotels. But i have always wondered and dont know if anyone has ever discussed this topic. You bid on hotel rooms and get rooms for cheaper because the hotel wants to fill as many rooms as possible every night. My question is, and maybe it doesnt matter but it seems like it would. When is the best time to bid on a hotel room to get the best deal? Couple weeks in advance of trip or couple days to a week in advance?

This is discussed in detail in the FAQ section of the board. I will note that over the last few years rates and demand have gone higher there have been less and less instances of better deals at the last minute. Additionally, while there is the view that better rates come towards the last minute, that's definitely not always the case. Rates can certainly go higher closer to the date/s.

If you need assistance with your stay, please provide the full details - date/s, budget, desired star rating/zone and any other details.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]