Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago Loop/NMA 10/21-24

webcambooks
By webcambooks,
in

Hi. Looking for any ideas. I am a PL novice.

Looking to get 3 rooms 10/22-23 and 2 rooms 10/21, downtown Chicago 4* or maybe 3.5*, for visiting family. Hotwire prices on Saturday night 10/22 are completely off the charts, even though there's not much in town going on aside from a Bears game.

Any tips would be welcome. I live in a Chicago 'burb. Thanks.

Hotwire has 4* Loop/NMA rooms at $128 for 10/21, 2 adults/0 kids. I am wondering if it's reasonable to think I might get in a successful PL bid around $90 per room.

Going from a room with two adults/0 kids to one with two adults/2 kids adds a lot on Hotwire (s up to $209).

Hotels can't seem to tell me why rates are so high for a fairly slow weekend.

If you get a room on PL for 2 adults/no kids, and you show up with a couple kids to sleep on the floor, does the hotel get upset? Obviously I'm not expecting to scam breakfasts or anything.

The reaction differs from hotel-to-hotel adn front desk clert to front desk clerk.

Some properties will gladly give you a room with two beds while others will state "this is all we have, nothing i can do about it".

Is it the same hotel that is showing (based upon the amentiies) for double occupancy vs. quad occupancy?

What are the amenities you're seeing?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

My research shows that many hotels are sold out from Oct. 20th to 23rd. I believe there are several conventions in town. For example, the website of thehotel I'm staying in those dates, the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, indicates no rooms are available...and this hotel is slightly south of downtown Chicago. My bid was accepted on PL at $88 per night, only after I had exhausted all possibilities in downtown Chicago. Good Luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]