Priceline Hotel: No bids accepted for Grand Hyatt Kauai

dcschwartz
By dcschwartz,
in

Hello - this is my first post so thank you in advance for your help!

I've been trying, and failing, to win a priceline bid for the Grand Hyatt Kauai for 7 nights starting in the end of October. I'm fairly confident that the Grand Hyatt Kauai is the only 4.5 star property in Koloa-Poipu, but if it isn't, then I'll live with whatever I get. I'm booking for 2 adults and 1 infant on different arrival/departure combinations of 7 nights, but I can't get any bid accepted.

For example, I've bid:

$ 150

$ 160

$ 175

$ 185

$ 190

$ 200

$ 216

$ 230

$ 240

The property is currently selling for $ 289 on every booking website and on the hotel's website, so I didn't think that I was low-balling too much with some of the later bids.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

My uninformed thoughts were that either the length of stay or the infant has something to do with it (although cribs are free), as all the other posts that I've read on this subject say you can get this for $ 160-$200. If I book through the hotel website, I get 50% off of breakfast (which is a savings of $ 31 a night), so I don't see much point in bidding beyond $ 258.

Thanks!

dcschwartz,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll continue the discussion for your trip above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm booking for 2 adults and 1 infant... My uninformed thoughts were that either the length of stay or the infant has something to do with it

Note that PRICELINE does not recognize any occupancy submissions... all PRICELINE reservations are for double occupancy; therefore, the infant is not the issue since PRICELINE is not seeing any this information anyway.

My guess is that it may be too early for the hotel to be discount rates very deeply... they may have a 'comfortable' number of reservations on the books right now and would rather take their chances of booking them on their own (at full price) then offering a deep discounted through the opaque suppliers. If bookings remain strong they may not discount rooms any further then they already are (or may pull inventory entirely)... but if they receive a larger then expected number of cancellations, or not as many new reservations in the coming weeks, then they will be looking to offer deeper discounts in an effort to get a higher occupancy rate at the hotel.

If any rates you have found are fully refundable and reasonably priced, i would book that as a back-up while you continue to try PRICELINE / HOTWIRE in the coming weeks. (please use the links in our Support Page for your hotel direct / non-opaque bookings if at all possible)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

So I have been watching this go up and down on Hotwire (between $228 - 245 with 1 spike up to $285) and have bid unsuccessfully on priceline. The official hotel website is having a deal at $ 289 with 1/2 off breakfast which expires tomorrow. Based on your experience, do you think that once this sale expires, the blind pricing will increase or decrease? My concern is that it will increase and I am contemplating just pulling the trigger at $ 230ish, which is not the fantastic deal that everyone else seems to have received. I know that I can wait until the last minute, but I was hoping to lock this down relatively soon. Any thoughts? Again, I know that this is just based on prior experience and that no one truly knows what will happen. Thanks.

So I have been watching this go up and down on Hotwire (between $228 - 245 with 1 spike up to $285) and have bid unsuccessfully on priceline.

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin all your bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]