Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Albuquerque (Uptown) Albuquerque Marriott

socalman
By socalman,
in

This is my first time using this site as well as trying to use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE. We are going to Oklahoma but will be stopping in Albuquerque, NM with my wife. We are driving from california straight there. Any tips on getting a hotel room for the night of 8/17/13 and checking out 8/18/13in Albuquerque, NM ? We would like the best star that we can get under 100$.

Have you even looked?

The best way to get a great rate is to be an informed bidder or buyer. On that note, there are two sections you should read. The questions and suggestions section has Priceline FAQs. The General Hotwire Tips section has Hotwire FAQs. These two sections can help you figure out how to make the sites work for you.

Once you have some more specific questions, I'm sure the wise people here can answer them.

Of coarse I've looked, lmao. I found various prices from the high 40's to the low 100's. I was using HOTWIRE after I already read the faq's. I am not from that area nor have I ever been there. I can look on different hotel websites for the area but still wouldn't know what a normal price is vs a great price. Was looking for a 3-4star place with free breakfast and nonsmoker, don't really care about the rest or where it is. We will be driving from california so a few miles N S E W wont really matter to much.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you're goal is the highest rated hotel at $100 or less, the highest star rating offered in the Albuquerque region is the 'Santa Ana Pueblo' zone... did you want to try for this zone up to your $100 limit OR if something 3.5* rated is offered in another zone for less would that be of more interest?

For example, HOTWIRE has what appears to be the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque for $79/nite... or the Best Western Rio Grande Inn for $59/nite (and PRICELINE EXPRESS has a few 3.5* offers in the Downtown and Uptown zones for about the $80 area)

Are any of the above of interest or how would you like to proceed?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What i believe to be the Hyatt is offered on HOTWIRE for $79/nite so your choice is:

1) take the 4* hotel Downtown hotel on HOTWIRE (the Hyatt is 3.5* rated by PRICELINE)

2) bid for any 3.5* hotel on PRICELINE using a maximum bid of $79/nite (at which point if you are still turned down you would take the HOTWIRE offer). If going this route the following zones offer 3.5* or higher bidding: Airport, Downtown, Rio Grande, Santa Ana Pueblo, Uptown... let us know which of these are acceptable

3) bid for a 4* hotel in Santa Ana Pueblo up to your $100 bidding limit

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we will advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

this is from hotwire at 48$ midtown area with these amenities any idea as to what hotel this is?

Free Parking

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Read more

Pet friendly

Pet friendly - terms apply

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

any ideas on what hotel this might be? for $55

Albuquerque North area 3* with

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Read more

Pet friendly

Pet friendly - terms apply

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

I tried for a 4* with an opening bid on 50. I kept adding zones and bidding all the way to 100 and was denied. Then I went back and reread what thereuare posted for me.....

What i believe to be the Hyatt is offered on HOTWIRE for $79/nite so your choice is:

1) take the 4* hotel Downtown hotel on HOTWIRE (the Hyatt is 3.5* rated by PRICELINE)

2) bid for any 3.5* hotel on PRICELINE using a maximum bid of $79/nite (at which point if you are still turned down you would take the HOTWIRE offer). If going this route the following zones offer 3.5* or higher bidding: Airport, Downtown, Rio Grande, Santa Ana Pueblo, Uptown... let us know which of these are acceptable

3) bid for a 4* hotel in Santa Ana Pueblo up to your $100 bidding limit

So I placed a $55 bid and won on the first try. Don't know how the marriot compares to hyatt but im thinking 55 for a 3.5* was a steel on a Saturday checkin :D . Never been to a Hyatt before, the Marriot that we have in our home town is really nice so I'm thinking major win since it was $24 less than hotwire for the equivilent. Thank you all for your help, I will post my thoughts on the hotel after we check out. I used the priceline app from the top of the page. B)

Ricky

Sorry about the curt post. When I read the original, it seemed as though you were just fishing and hadn't even looked at prices yet.

It's hard to help someone if they haven't done any of their homework, so to speak. Though thereuare does a masterful job, nonetheless.

Sounds like you got a great deal, and saved enough to go out to breakfast!

No worries. I did get a great deal, looking on the website of the hotel itself shows breakfast buffet at 13.50 a person. That will the price of the hotel for my wife and I is still cheaper than a room only on their website. I will post my comments on the hotel after we check out.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]