Priceline Hotel: Has Anyone used Priceline NYOP in Durango?

mtbscott
By mtbscott,
in

Has anyone used NYOP in Durango successfully? I'm taking kind of a last minute trip there solo for the nights of September 3-6. I can find rack rates ranging from as low as $60 going up to $200ish for some of the boutique hotels. The midrange chains are averaging around $100-125 a night. Hoping I could get a nice 2-3* chain room for maybe $70-75 a night. My experience has been mostly in New York where there's lots of participating hotels, what are my chances here? Thanks for any experience.

What did you want to try for first... are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel and want to try for a 3* hotel up to your maximum bid OR is the goal the least expensive 2* or better for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone used NYOP in Durango successfully?

For future reference:

If you enter "durango" in white search box up right next to your screen name and set the search area to "Forums" you can see all action on this board related to Durango.

"Hotel Lists" in the header will show you all hotels members have reported for both Priceline and Hotwire.

The area in which one can get hotels is defined by the shaded area of the zone map one bids. The Durango zone is in fact large, but only about 7 or 8 miles across with Durango in the center. The worst you could get would be about 4 miles out, not the 25 miles of the PL retail hotels.

Hope the above will make you more comfortable with bidding next time.

Romelle

Okay, I'll elaborate. I did search and only found three entries I think for the last two years, not much data to go by. All of the "intown" Durango hotels seemed to be in the same range, around $75-125 a night for the 2* chain hotels, $175+ for the next tier up. I'm coming to ride my mountainbike so I wanted something as central as possible so I can ride from the hotel to the local trails. I ended up at Econolodge for $89 a night and have some ChoiceHotels member credits that will take $100 off my total. I just didn't think NYOP could give me that much savings to make the surprise factor worth it. It is good to know that the more remote retail hotels aren't included in the NYOP area, that may make me more willing to try it in the future. Thanks for the info.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]