Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles - San Fernando Valley (Van Nuys - Mission Hills) Best Western Plus Carriage Inn

Memphis_Guy
By Memphis_Guy,
in

Trying stay near Santa Monica for 2 nights. I placed bids in Culver City, Brentwood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Inglewood, Hermosa Beach, El Segundo. Many of these places were not near where I wanted to be, but I was pretty sure the places that were further away also would be to pricey to accept my low bids, increasing the odds I'd eventually get the neighborhood I wanted. Started at 3*. Bid down to 2.5*. Started bidding at $65 and gave up at $100.

Changed strategies. Chose Van Nuys neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley, about 25 minutes drive from Santa Monica if the traffic is not awful.

Started bidding for a 3* at $75. They asked me to increase my bid to $97 and they'd accept, so I knew I was in the right ball park.

Changed bid to 2.5* at $85. WIN. Two nights, with tax, $202.20.

Used the PRICELINE link, of course.

Just read some unflattering reviews of this property on TripAdvisor. Most recently, a complaint that the friendly neighborhood working girls and their manager were guests. Several reviews said that it's a good place if you can get a room in "the tower" or away from the Freeway and Sepulveda Blvd. I'll try to remember to post a follow up after I stay here. Does BetterBidding still take hotel reviews?

If anyone's interested, here's the TripAdvisor link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d82148-Reviews-BEST_WESTERN_PLUS_Carriage_Inn-Los_Angeles_California.html

Sorry to hear of the mixed reviews... hopefully it will be an uneventful stay and you'll get luck with your building/room assignment.

We do still have a HOTEL REVIEWS section near the bottom of the main page of the forum.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]