Hotwire Hotel: Identify 4* Wailea - Makena Hotel

megz
By megz,
in

Hi all,

Thanks to the handy Hotel List, I've got this hotel narrowed down to the Makena or the Mariott, but is there any way to better ID this express deal? I'm thinking it's the Mariott, but the area description can be misleading. See below:

Area:

A string of opulent lodgings marks this resort area near Maui's southwestern edge. The views are the selling point, so you'll look out to sea from flower-filled terraces, infinity-edged pools and even open-air spas. With three championships golf courses, you never have to play the same hole twice. High-end retailers pack The Shops at Wailea. But it's the natural wonders that really grab your attention, from the gold-dust sand of Makena Beach State Park to the underwater wonders of Ahihi-Kinau Natural Area Reserve.

Amenities:

Outdoor Swimming Pool

Free Parking

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Mandatory Fee: This hotel charges an additional $25 per room per night. This fee will be charged to you directly by the hotel. Mandatory fees are not optional and typically cover items such as resort fees, energy charges or safe fees. The amount of the charge is subject to change.

Mahalo! :)

Resort

Beachfront Property

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

The hotel list suggests it's the Renaissance Wailea Beach Resort, but I think it's been bought out by someone else. Can anyone take a stab at this?

Thanks =)

My guess for the HOTWIRE property would be the Makena Beach and Golf Resort... but using an alternate search i am able to have a bit more confidence in this guess, but the alternate search prices out at an an extra $20/nite.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Me again - for 8/17 - 8/20, I see a 4* Kapalua CONDO for $290CAD. Can you help ID the condo with the following amenities?

Free Parking

Free Internet

Resort

1 Bedroom Suite - Condominium offers a bedroom plus a living room and complete kitchen.

Fully-equipped Kitchen

Daily Housekeeping

Air-Conditioning

Washer and Dryer in Room

Pool(s)

I would say thats the Kapalua Villas, which can be problematic. There are Golf, Ridge and Bay Villas. The Bay Villas are worth that price(over $300 if you include resort fee), but not the Golf. I see the 4 * Makena is available with 'zero reosrt fee' for $202...sounds like the Makena Golf Resort to me

Ive stayed at both properties and like the Kapalua area better. Also there have been a series of shark attacks in the south with several beaches closed recently so thats another plus for Kapalua

I see a 4* Kapalua CONDO for $290CAD.
Please change the drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Using the method above what is the room rate per nite in US Dollars?

Free Parking

Free Internet

Resort

1 Bedroom Suite - Condominium offers a bedroom plus a living room and complete kitchen.

Fully-equipped Kitchen

Daily Housekeeping

Air-Conditioning

Washer and Dryer in Room

Pool(s)

I still think you're not being offered the full amenities as i'm seeing the following:

Condo

Resort

Free Parking

Free Internet

BR1

Kitchen

Daily Housekeeping

A/C

Laundry (in room)

Pool

Restaurant

24hr Front Desk

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Tennis

... and this does match previous reports for the The Kapalua Villas.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Using the method above what is the room rate per nite in US Dollars?
I think the rate's moved up since my last post - $305USD
I still think you're not being offered the full amenities as i'm seeing the following:

Condo

Resort

Free Parking

Free Internet

BR1

Kitchen

Daily Housekeeping

A/C

Laundry (in room)

Pool

Restaurant

24hr Front Desk

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Tennis

Yes, this is what I see for the amenities. Thanks for your help re: the Kapalua locations, too! :)

You said:

The hotel list suggests it's the Renaissance Wailea Beach Resort, but I think it's been bought out by someone else. Can anyone take a stab at this?

Thanks =)

There is no longer a Renaissance in Wailea. It closed in 2005. However the property has finally been remodeled and scheduled to open 9/1/13 as an Andaz by Hyatt.

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone,

I didn't end up purchasing through either Hot.wire or Price.line. I couldn't get a bid that satisfied me and the Price.line site, and my husband and I just went through the hotel directly, as they offered a price that included breakfast. 

Cheers, and thanks for all of your help!

M

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]