Priceline Hotel: Newbie here, need help booking in Bloomington MN

hinessa
By hinessa,
in

Hello all! I've read through everything, I'm a newbie, and I'm still confused. Please help me! I'm really wanting to stay at Residence Inn by Marriott – Minneapolis Bloomington 7850 Bloomington Avenue. I've checked the list and it's a three star hotel. So,what's my process. I'm going in September from the 19th to the 22nd. I can get a special rate with my group for $99. But someone in the group (large group, I don't know them) booked it for $50. So, what's my first step? Can I determine through process of elimination that I get that hotel? Thanks so much!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

So if the Residence Inn is the only hotel you're willing to accept, then i'd suggest you book direct or thru a service where you know the name of the hotel beforehand... if you're willing to accept a different hotel for half the price (or whatever amount of a discount you think would be worthwhile to stay in a different nearby hotel) then you could proceed with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your response. I read my messages,will book through that link. I apologize I wasn't very clear. I'd like to stay at Residence Inn, I know it's not a guarantee. But, I'm willing to take the risk to get such a great deal. But I literally am confused even after reading the start here, faq, etc. Please guide me. It's okay, talk to me like I'm in pre-school:)

There is no way to guarantee a particular property or to even try to target a particular property. The discounted rates that these services offer require the trade-off of being flexible where you stay. In terms of PRICELINE, if you bid for a 3* in a particular zone (to use an example), you have to be willing to stay at ANY of the 3*'s in the zone. On HOTWIRE, you are shown a list of listings for your date/s, with one hotel at each star rating in each zone. PRICELINE Express is very similar. With both PRICELINE Express and HOTWIRE, you have to select from the hotels offered, which may or may not be the one you want.

Lastly, there's no way to know what inventory may be at any time. Someone may get the Residence, another period who bids the same way a couple of days later may not.

So, just to confirm, you are okay with potentially ending up at another hotel in the area?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

In addition to the above, the address you provided appears to be located in PRICELINE's "MSP Airport - Mall of America" zone, to confirm, this is the zone you want to bid and you're willing to accept any hotel within the zone boundaries of this property?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is it a 3* hotel in the MSP Airport - Mall of America that you want to try bidding for? What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too! (please click each of these previous links before replying)

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]