Hotwire Hotel: 5* Seattle (Downtown - Pike Place) The Fairmont Olympic Hotel Seattle

more88
By more88,
in

Can you help me to ID a 4* hotel in downtown Seattle - Pike Place?

Staying september 26-27

$161 per night

Recommended in 95 % of Hotwire customer reviews

Tripadvisor 4.5 out of 5.0

I used the HOTWIRE link on the board.

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm not certain but I belive this is a new amenity set for the Hyatt at Olive 8.

Thanx for using the HOTWIRE links on the board! Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help with this stay.

Yellowdog.

PS. please remember to follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing for this trip, even if you don't use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc.

Thanks yellowdog!

Is it possible that Hotwire uses different amenity sets for different dates?

I'm asking because september 28 Hotwire is offering a $161 4* Pike place hotel with the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

The indoor pool is missing in this set.

I believe this amenity set is used before for the Hyatt a Olive 8.

I think your right about the new amenity set for the Hyatt at Olive 8.

The customer reviews mention a salt water pool and eco friendly hotel. Both are specific features of the Hyatt at Olive 8.

The other hotel that I mentioned had the same customer reviews so it seems that both amenity sets are in use.

Thanks for your help!

Strange. I am (at this moment) seeing for sept 26 a 13 amenity list and for sept 28 the shorter 11 amenity list. The pool and indoor pool amenity are missing.

I have another question. (Maybe not in the right forum?) I'm trying to book a hotel in the Pike Place area via Priceline literally for months now. I went up to $150 for a 4* and 165 for a 4.5*.

Is the $161 Hotwire is asking the normal price for this period in september? According to Priceline Maps (great tool btw!) the range should be about 80 to145. No conferences or big events in Seattle. Am I just to impatient?

Thanks in advance!

Please use a separate thread for each stay... we'll use this thread for your first stay of 9/26, please start a NEW TOPIC for the 9/28-9/30 leg of your trip.

For 9/26, currrent rates are not that high so wouldn't feel compelled to rush into anything, but if you find a hotel that you're really hoping for and it's a good rate vs. a conventional booking, then i'd have no problems locking it in now.

Assuming you're flexible in your plans and/or the hotel you ultimately stay in, using MAPS and HOTELS.com i'm seeing 4* 'downtown' hotels for under $200... it would take more than a 20% discount for me to lock something in 3+ months before the trip (again, unless i found the hotel i was REALLY hoping and/or a specific hotel worked out perfectly for my needs)

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if/how we can be of further help along the way.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Looks like the Sheraton (?) just released a couple rooms.

9/26

$148 (that's about 20% lower than the price on Maps and hotels)

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Roll-in shower

Hopefully this nice initiative will be followed by the other hotels.

I think I'll just wait

• 1 month later...

After months of bidding on Priceline and looking for hotels on the Hotwire I finally booked the Fairmont Olympic.

Maybe not the best price, but I'm certainly happy with the result.

As reported before on this board Hotwire has upgraded the Fairmont Olympic from 4,5* to 5*.

Amenities:

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]