Priceline Hotel: Help Bidding Christmas Holiday in NYC

eschwitz
By eschwitz,
in

Is there an optimum time to bid?

Some hypotheticals:

(1) It might be the day before, if hotels are desperate to fill looming vacancies.

(2) It might be a week or more before, since there are more available rooms, if hotels aren't lowering their Priceline offers in the face of looming vacancies, but keep the offers pretty much the same over time.

(3) Or ... ?

Is there any point in starting to bid a few months in advance (free rebids every few days), or should I just wait to closer to the time?

I'd be interested in the experiences of you Priceline experts on this topic!

:)

I need to be at a conference in New York City (Central Park South and environs) from Dec 27-Dec 30. This is Tues-Wed-Thurs nights -- midweek, but it's also that terrible vacation week between Christmas and New Years. Any hope?

Should I start bidding now, or wait 'til closer to the date? I tried $100 and $125 for Central Park South, Midtown, Upper East and West, at 2* but no dice yet.

Should I expect a big premium for holiday dates?

Any NYC Priceline experts' help would be welcome.

Thanks!

:)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Opinions on when to bid are discussed in this thread: SHOULD I BID PRICELINE EARLY or CLOSE TO ARRIVAL

As for your own stay, what is your maximum bid? When you say you bid "midtown", was that MTE or MTW or both?

Are you sure you are willing to stay at a 2* property... some 'unknown' 2* in NYC can be a bit scary. You could book the Hotel Wolcott via QB, but as you can see from the very mixed reviews the comments range from "excellent" to "roaches and mice".

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]