DCA Washington Fullsize Avis

cyberclark
By cyberclark,
in

Just got a rental car using the PRICELINE link here. Was kind of a different experience though. With no bidding at priceline the best they offered me on a full size was $30 a day. So I started the bidding at $21. It said very low chance of acceptance do I want to raise it, so I did $23 a day. It processed through this time but no one accepted. Here is what was wierd. Instead of showing $30 as the best retail price normally available it said the going rate was like $90 a day!?!? I tried one more time at $26 a day it went through the processing and then kicked back a price of like $48 a day or this fancy special offer of $150 a week. So I bit at the $150 a week bringing the total after fees to $203 for the trip. Which beat what I was seeing at Expedia where the best offer was $198/wk for a total of $255. So all in all another successful Priceline experience in that I saved $50 over retail. Was just weird that it didn't show me a normal per day rate during the bidding process.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal on this rental and are please with the results. The 'suggested' median retail pricing shown by PRICELINE is often wrong, i wouldn't use this information in a bidding strategy.

By chance is the hour of your drop off later in the day then the hour of your pick-up? (which would make this a 5 day rental even though it's only 4 calendar days?)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]