YEG Edmonton Int. HELP

Itzabreeze
By Itzabreeze,
in

Thanx for using boards PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links!

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Hotwire Nanaimo thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Please follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Yellowdog.

I think you are bidding too low...

Best rate on HOTWIRE for this trip is $46/day ($312 all-in). Given you don't have that much time before your pick-up, i would bid:

$35, $38, $41, $44 over the next 3 days, if rejected take the $46/day rate from HOTWIRE (assuming still available)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Given you are only 24 you will also likely be hit with underage fees which can has much as $40/day or more depending on vehicle type. If you have someone who can drive and is 25 you will save more money that way. I am not aware of anyone who waves that fee anymore but can't say I look for it myself.

I am also going to Edmonton about the same time and looking for a car. Have been working my up from $25 for a Full-size but so far not luck. Will update you if I get a bid accepted though I have not been has successful getting good Priceline deals at CDN airports versus USA ones.

The best deal I have found is to go to the Avis.ca site and selected the Aeroplan deal on the front page and select "Pay Ahead" for a option. Only issue with using this option is there is $25 cancellation fee if you end up finding something better with Hotwire or Priceline.

Good luck

Yes, the additional drive fee should be included in your bid price, as per Priceline Under Age Driver Fee

However, i didn't realize above that you were within the surcharge range and as a result your bids are likely too low... did the $371 rental above include the underage surcharge?

thanskforusing

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think you're likely looking at $40-$45/day PLUS an underage driver fee... so $60-$70/day :o (but before bidding this high of course make sure that the total 'all-in' rate would be your best available deal)

With one day to go what is your current game plan?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

• 3 weeks later...

Closing this thread...

Learned that booking under the 25 year old policy is a real pain in the ass as its almost as if priceline does not want you to rent no matter how high you go. Tried bids up to a bit over $70 and it still wouldn't accept. Found the best deal through priceline / mid size / hertz

With all the fees, insurance ETC the total cost to rent was $504

Good news is my next rental wont have underage fees as I'll be over the limit.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]