Hotwire Hotel: Please Help Identify Hotel: Priceline Express Deal

themayorofnowhere
By themayorofnowhere,
in

Hello Better Bidding and All,

Does anyone have any recent success or clues as to how to bid on Priceline? I saw the thread posted earlier about the Hotel Sax on priceline for $161, hoping to try to get a little cheaper than that even. I noticed that there aren't many threads for this particular area of Chicago but hopefully someone can help me. So far everything I'm doing on Priceline is getting rejected.

Is it also possible that I'm just trying to book too far in advance?

Thanks for your help!!!

I am also looking for a hotel in Chicago in the same areas. I won a hotel bid for the Hilton Chicago for $130/night. However was THANKFULLY able to cancel the reservation because this hotel is NOT a 4 star, extremely outdated and the has been bed bug reports.

I am trying to bid on priceline or hotwire or wherever to get a good deal. Theres a hotwire rate for a 4 star boutique hotel for $163/night. I would prefer not to pay this. Any tips?

I am also looking for a hotel in Chicago in the same areas. I won a hotel bid for the Hilton Chicago for $130/night. However was THANKFULLY able to cancel the reservation because this hotel is NOT a 4 star, extremely outdated and the has been bed bug reports.

I am trying to bid on priceline or hotwire or wherever to get a good deal. Theres a hotwire rate for a 4 star boutique hotel for $163/night. I would prefer not to pay this. Any tips?

Abraun,

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Please start a new thread with the date/s of travel, your desired budget per night and acceptable zone/s and star rating.

In terms of PRICELINE, you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone selected at the star rating selected. You may want to consider HOTWIRE instead, where it's possible to make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing. If there is a HOTWIRE listing of interest, please post the details of the listing in a new thread.

Additionally, please post the details of your Hilton stay as a separate thread.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I bid on a 4* hotel and got Hilton O'Hare.

Was this for the dates above Oct 4-7? If so, please reply here with the full details of your purchase (star rating, city, zone, hotel, winning bid amount, and dates of your stay) so that others can know about and benefit from your win and we can enable it to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

If this is for a different date please post the win as a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...please reply here with the full details of your purchase (star rating, city, zone, hotel, winning bid amount, and dates of your stay) so that others can know about and benefit from your win and we can enable it to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

2x

... and please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before posting.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]