San Francisco to San Juan PR RT

Lulutravels
By Lulutravels,
in

This is my first time planning on using PL. In PL, the normal price from SFO to SJU round trip is 381$ but I wanted to name my own price. I've read some of the previous advise given for first time bidders so I sort of know how it works. Can I offer 150$ or is that too low. What are my odds of actually getting a good price? My trip would be from Sept 11-Sept 16. Any advise would be helpful

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Based upon the best retail rates you're able to find, how much of a discount would you need to make an opaque purchase (where you can't choose the flight times, length of layover, layover city, etc) worthwhile?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sometimes it happens, so you should try, but airfare is often not discounted that deeply.

Using the tips in priceline.airfare you have an almost unlimited number of re-bids available when bidding on airfare, so you could start low (at $125-$150) and gradually increase with each re-bid... $15-$25 increments at the lower amounts when you have a lesser chance of success and $5-$10 increments at the higher star levels near your maximum bid as your chances get more favorable.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]