Priceline Hotel: Not meant to travel 8/23-8/25?????

radcrow
By radcrow,
in

I started out planning a trip to Chicago, but couldn't find anything in the area & price I wanted.

So I thought about other places for a surprise birthday weekend away. I thought either Gettysburg or Philadelphia. STILL not having ANY luck in the areas and prices I want.

Gettysburg there are only 2 areas to search. I went down to 2* and up to $70 and nothing.

Philadelphia I'm trying for the Historic district. I again went down to 2* and up to $75 with nothing.

I tried rebid zones and all that. I started off lowballing.

I've never had such bad luck with Priceline. In the past I have been VERY successful. :( Maybe they don't want to be in a relationship with me anymore LOL

For another $10/nite HOTWIRE has a 3.5* hotel in the City Center West/University zone.

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

Chicicao has 3.5* hotels around the $100 mark.

Would you travel as far as Toronto?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

we would travel that far, but we don't have passports right now. we will be getting them in the fall.

I did just check on HOTWIRE and saw for Philadelphia a 2* $73 Center City East - Old City area hotel

and the 3 1/2* for $86 Center City West / University City area hotel

Chicago best Express deal I saw was $113 for 3*. Which may not be bad, but takes me a bit over the budget I was planning for not to mention parking costs.

It seems like the weekend will cost more than I had planned, but I have to figure out something because other plans were cancelled for this. UGH.

3 1/2*, $86, Center City West / University City area hotel, Amenities: Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service), Accessible for the blind

2*, $73, Center City East - Old City area hotel, Amenities: Free Breakfast, High-Speed Internet Access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility

8/23-8/25. Would be going to Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, Franklin grave, maybe the National Constitution Center. Not sure what else (any suggestions, especially for something to do at night) are appreciated.

THANK YOU for all your help :)

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please try the following:

• use this link to search HOTWIRE
  • from the search results page click each of the offers for these hotels
  • on the next page click BOOK NOW (no worries about purchasing by accident since no credit card information is entered up to this point)
  • on the left side of the page click the 'See all amenities' link

Using the above this is the full amenity list i'm seeing for each:

3* City Center West

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

==> my best guess for this one would be the Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia

2* City Center East

Complimentary Breakfast

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

==> Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center

An extra $10 for a 1.5* jump in star rating is money well spent, imo, IF it doesn't curtail other things that you're able to do in the city. While the 2* does have free breakfast, i can usually find a cheap $3 breakfast of coffee and a a bread item from a local bakery.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]