DEN Denver Fullsize

caseynd
By caseynd,
in

I started with a backup reservation from FoxRentACar.com for a total of $272.11 including all taxes, $191.70 weekly base rate for a per day cost of about $27 (if you consider a full week, I am only using for 6 days)

I made the reservation in February, 2013. I have used the site's PRICELINE link to bid many times between now and then, attempting to get a better price, but have been stymied every time. I even had some "bonus cash" to work with when I first started the bidding, but that disappeared from the rewards page under my account sometime in May. They offer many $50 options every time I bid, but I stay the course, and keep trying on an almost weekly basis. I tried again today, still no luck, so I am planning to try one or two more times the week of my trip, but this time it looks like Priceline has been priced out by the rental company. I will report back if I get a better deal via PRICELINE, but sadly it isn't looking good so far.

Sorry to hear the bidding has worked out thus far.

Keep in mind that the second tier companies (like Fox) may offer older vehicles, less upkeep, off-site locations with cheaper rent, etc, etc. than the first tier properties (Hertz, Avis, Alamo, etc). Since PRICELINE only deals with these first tier companies, it may at times be difficult to get a winning bid if trying to beat a price from a second tier player. (it's almost like saying that PRICELINE can't get you a 4* hotel better than the 2* hotel you have as ab back-up). I'm not suggesting you necessarily need a 'tier one' rental company, but just explaining that your retail vs. bidding anaology may not be an apples-to-apples comparison.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

If you didn't, please do note that we're an affiliate of Fox Rent A Car... please check for and use the links in the Support Page whenever possible.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]