Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Marriott San Francisco Fishermans Wharf

phillyphan
By phillyphan,
in

Requesting any advice on bidding for the Fisherman's Wharf area from 8/17-8/21. I've tried all the way up to $180 and been rejected. I don't really want to spend that much, but do you think trying to get anything for less is possible. Looking at a minimum 3.5* hotel. I've used the links and I need to retry the rebid zones next. Here's the strategy I was going to try.

First bid = Zone 3 (wharf)

Second = Zone 3, 1

Third = Zone 3, 1, 5

Fourth = 3, 1, 5, 6

Fifth = 3, 1, 5, 6, 7

Sixth (last) = 3, 1, 5, 6, 7, 11

Would this be correct? Just need your opinion on initial bidding prices. Don't really want to pay more than $180 a night.

Thanks!

In the future please list the zone names, and not the numbers, as the numbers will change over time whenever PRICELINE adds, removes, or changes the name of a zone.

Based upon the current zone numbers your strategy is sound, but if you're keeping your maximum bid at $180 for a 3.5* property this will be a tough win based upon current rates. Are any other zones acceptable as you may be able to do better in the 'downtown' zones of USE and/or USW... or also the Financial District.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll take a look at the other zones. I'm okay with being within a couple of miles of the wharf as well. Tried the USW zone and then used 5 rebids. Bids were from 100-160 for the 4* hotel. Maybe a little low, what do you think? Thought I'd give it a shot since I haven't tried that zone before.

It's a little low for these dates but not too far off the mark...

HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the USW zone for $174/nite with:

Pet Friendly

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

... best guess for this property would be the Hotel Nikko San Francisco should this be of any interest.

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? It looks like the last nite of your stay is a little more expensive then the previous 3 nites. I don't think it will make a HUGE difference in cost, but it may help a little if you don't mind changing hotels.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you were able get the same hotel on both purchases and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Charlie V,

Rates (and hotel availability) are date specific, so what was offered to another user on HOTWIRE, or another user's accepted bid price on PRICELINE, may not be applicable to your own dates.

For help with your own stay please continue your current Priceline San Francisco thread and we will assist you there.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]