Hotwire Hotel: Please Help ID 4* Magnificent Mile Area - River North area $129

carcar1979
By carcar1979,
in

Hi there,

I had such great success booking with Hotwire (for a success with The Ivy) that my sister asked for help with booking her room for August

Magnificent Mile Area - River North area - 4* - 95% recommended - $129/night from August 17-21 (for 2 adults, 2 children). Below is the list of amenities:

Free Internet <amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Pet friendly Pet friendly - terms apply

Boutique Hotel Property offers a distinctive, unique or eclectic atmosphere. Many boutique hotels are smaller, hip properties in an urban setting, or renovated hotels with historical flair.

Smoke Free Rooms Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s) Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-Speed Internet Access Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Accessible for the blind Braille or raised signage

Any idea...?

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you - I read my messages and then clicked the HOTWIRE link. The same hotel info comes up:

Magnificent Mile Area - River North area - 4* - 95% recommended - $129/night from August 17-21 (for 2 adults, 2 children). Below is the list of amenities:

Free Internet

Pet friendly Pet friendly - terms apply

Boutique Hotel Property offers a distinctive, unique or eclectic atmosphere. Many boutique hotels are smaller, hip properties in an urban setting, or renovated hotels with historical flair.

Smoke Free Rooms Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s) Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-Speed Internet Access Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Accessible for the blind Braille or raised signage

HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please try the following:

• use this link to search HOTWIRE
  • from the search results page click the offer for this hotel
  • on the next page click BOOK NOW (no worries about purchasing by accident since no credit card information is entered up to this point)
  • on the left side of the page click the 'See all amenities' link

If you follow the above, do you now see this complete set of amenities for this offer:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

If so, best guess for this property would be the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.... and if your sister will be making the purchase on her own, please ask here to stop by the board and click the HOTWIRE logo in the search box on the top left of the board to begin her purchase (or send her a link to this thread and have her click a HOTWIRE link within it)

Thanks. Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Magnificent Mile Area - River North area - 4* - 95% recommended - $129/night from August 17-21 (for 2 adults, 2 children)

I followed the steps you listed - for the amenities, I got this list:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

It stopped there - these were not listed:

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

Do you still guess Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront?

And if you click "book now" on that page, then click "see all amenities" on the side of the next page, that full list does not show (you may need to scroll down)?:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The Wyndham would be the best guess in this case. Are you looking for something in particular in terms of hotel? The Wyndham was previously the independent Hotel 71 and that property has had steadily improving reviews over the years. The Wyndham is also in a terrific location by the Michigan Ave bridge (so a very central location.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'm going to keep looking as well for some other options...

With an excellent 4.5/5.0 TA rating, and a great location, if not this property what is it that you're looking for from this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I do think the Wyndham for $129 is a good choice (and probably the best choice/value, not to mention central location), but browsing around, I also see: potential Intercontinental ($172), Doubletree Mag Mile ($166), Palmer ($138), possible Drake or Knickerbocker ($135.)

Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront

Gipper,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Did you purchase this property for your own trip?

Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks!

PS- if you haven't yet please read your messages. Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]