Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Minneapolis - St. Paul (Bloomington West - Mall of America Area) Crowne Plaza Bloomington Msp Airport/Moa

Cory_G
By Cory_G,
in

I saw a win on the board for the Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Minneapolis-Bloomington South, booked earlier in the day for $42 staying July 13-14/13. We stayed at this hotel a few times and liked it. So I started my bidding at $38 (using the PRICELINE link) hoping to get it. My dates were from July 14-16/13, booking <24 hours from check-in. Not having success bidding (on 3.5 stars), and running out of "free bids" (using 8 areas) I stopped bidding at $65. I logged out and back in, and changed my date to July 14-15/13, starting at $67 - I thought if I split up the dates I would have more chance of success, plus I could have a second chance to start re-bidding from scratch for July 15-16/13. My second bid for July 14-15/13 hit at $69. Priceline said I saved 36% (calculates to $107.81 for full price), but the regular rate on price-line was $89 (not using 'Name you own price" or 'Express deal'). The final breakdown was: $69 + $17.93 (taxes/fees) -$3.45 (5% coupon) = $83.48.

I was not so lucky scoring the big deal this time. And I will also have to pay 2 fees by splitting up the dates. Still, it is better than paying the full rate.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]