Priceline Hotel: 3* Minneapolis - St. Paul (Eagan) Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Eagan

JourneyMercies
By JourneyMercies,
in

I love checking this board and wish more people would post their "wins" here --- please --- it only takes a few minutes.

Usually we go to Minneapolis yearly in the summertime. Last year we went several times but we used coupons we found online instead of bidding on PRICELINE each time. This was due to some of the bad experiences we have had with Priceline. You just never know where you will land up. :rolleyes:

We drive to Minneapolis so we do not want any of the downtown Hotels that you have to pay a fortune at

nightly for parking. Also we prefer the middle of the road hotels that are nice but also offer a breakfast and free wifi. Often the higher star ones do not have these two above options. We also enjoy a pool and hot tub after a day of power shopping. A fridge to put some treats in is also nice because we try to not eat every meal @ a restaurant this if very helpful.

So basically we have been bidding for the last two weeks or so to get a hotel in Minneapolis. The price that they would finally :huh: accept was way too high so we almost gave up. We figured if we had to pay that much to get a hotel we may as well just do an advance booking & get a good rate @ a location we actually "know" before we are locked in.

Today we decided to try one last time or maybe not stay as long due to finances. We stared bidding @ $37.00 - we added Maple Grove - put less days & kept going up in $1.00 increments.

Then we finally landed up with the 3 day booking @ Hampton Inn for Eagan in Minneapolis which was accepted!!!

Very excited as we have stayed here before and enjoyed ourselves. Except for the fact that they only have double beds not queens & one year the backdoor which is a heavy metal door was tore @ the bottom. I didn't see this and it ripped off my entire Toe Nail and I almost fainted from all the blood. Some friends stayed there recently and jokingly let me know not to worry cuz the metal door has been fixed... just saying.

So, the short of the story is (you are all saying well finally!) that we are very excited with our $41.00 plus $13.29 for Taxes and $13.05 Priceline Fees which gives us the grand 3 day total of $149.34.

Thanks - Make it a great day & don't forget to POST your WINS!!!! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]