Hotwire Hotel: 5* Paris (Louvre - Marais) Hotel Le Meurice

jlui28
By jlui28,
in

Was looking to book a nice hotel for a weekend and Paris and found two seemingly amazing deals, one is this which is $95/night at a 5-star near the Louvre, with 4.5 rating on Tripadvisor. Thought it would be the Renaissance Vendome but turns out to be the Le Meurice which is surprising as it seems to be one of the old style grand hotels, not sure hot it ended up on Hotwire? Just checked on the hotel website and the cheapest room is going for USD883 ... ?!?! Hope they won't give me a broom closet on checkin.

The other deal that seems to be available all summer is a 4-star in the North Champs Elysees area for $44/night, also with 4.5 rating on Tripadvisor. Seems like a super deal but transport could be less straightforward in the northern part of this area so did not go for this.

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

For the future, please change the drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Please use the previously requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I won a similar Crazy hotwire hotel deal for Paris (see my post)

5* Paris (Champs Elysees North - Arc de Triomph - Palais des Congres)

09/30/13 - 10/03/13

Marriott Hotel Champs Elysees

US$141 nett with tax vs US$920 official rate on Hotel official site.

I am checking with the hotel via email in regards to my name (reservation) in the hotel system without mentioning price obtained or hotwire.com. I am just hoping they will honor mine, and not cancel my reservation without informing me leaving me hotel-less.

I booked the same rate for end of August and now Hotwire (taken payment and got confirmation). Called the hotel no reservation on file. Now Hotwire are refusing to let me have it saying a system error (even though it's still online/just at higher price)They are trying to refund me but im refusing saying i want a like for like swap. Still waiting for them to call me back. After getting the Le Meurice we fell in love with it and now they are taking it away from us. Gutted if im honest.

i booked the same rate also for end of august. i called hotel with no such reservation. and they also implied that they have no contract with hotwire. a big cover up if you ask me. i rang hotwire and they offered me a refund then a rebook which i refused as it would cost me 200 mire to book a lesser star rating. it is their styff up so i feel they should give me a same hotel rating for the same price. or confirm with the original hotel that there is such a booking. what happened to their no cancel,no change,no refund policy? it only applies to the customers but not the other way round when hotwire stuffs up themsrlves. not happy. emailed customer service just waiting for a reply

piddle23

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Can you please post your booking in a separate topic so it can appear in board's Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. Please include, date(s) for your stay, price paid/night before tax/fee's, star rating, name of hotel and the zone. And also please list the amenities HOTWIRE associates with the hotel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Update for me, after hounding them with calls they have switched me to the W Paris Opera and hotel all confirmed :) at no extra cost :) they paid the £600 difference in cost :)

Very nice deal and congrats!

Additionally, if you could post the details of your original purchase as a separate thread (date/s, amenities, price, zone, star rating) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I had also booked the Le Meurice and got the confirmation email from Hotwire.

However they didn't charge the full amount to my credit card, I only got notification (from my credit card company), that Hotwire inquired 1€ on the card. But no charge on the card yet.

Tried emailing the hotel asking to confirm my reservation, no response yet. Hope it works out, otherwise I'll have to do some calls with Hotwire and fix it.

After a pleasant call I got my booking changed from "le Meurice" to "Hotel Scribe Paris". Not as fancy as the Meurice, but still a great hotel (especially for 70€ per night ;)).

Thumbs up for Hotwire on doing the rebooking without making a fuss, they admitted the tech glitch that allowed the Meurice bookings was their fault and were quite forthcoming (rather than pushing for a mere refund, the reaction I kind of expected).

Unfortunately, Hotwire misbehaves in this case. I booked the Hotel Le Meurice as well and was offered the Hotel Citadines Les Halles in exchange. This is not a 5 star hotel but a bad 4 star hotel which does not even clean the rooms daily! Customer service told me, if I decline the offer, I would get nothing but my money back. They also lied about the extra expenses they would have with the Hotel Citadines Les Halles (300 Euro) - this is not true - they offer the hotel in their secret deals for about the same price I paid for the Leurice (72 Euro per night)

This is not the way to be treated as a customer. Hotwire is not trustworthy anymore. It might be fine to change the hotels, but not to decrease star level and lie to customers. Won't book at Hotwire anymore.

tigertiger,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

As per Our Rules and Policies:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page. We will then comment and/or address your post in that thread.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

I don't agree with those rules. I think it's important for betterbidding users to be aware of these kind of situations, with Priceline or Hotwire. Yes it's nice to read about things that went well but we also need to read about things that didn't go well. If hotwire or Priceline is not fair i want to know about. I suggest a special board for claims like that, in a place that we could find easily. Thank you

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

We welcome the good and the bad, but the user needs to post the details of their purchase first.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]