Priceline Hotel: Maui Strategy

raginbul
By raginbul,
in

Priceline express deals shows a 4 star at $173/night. My guess is this is the Westin Maui. A hotel which I would be satisfied with.

Based on historical wins; I'm not seeing this property go for much below $165 on name your own price.

Obviously, if I name my own price I run the risk of getting a different property. Based on location I'd prefer to not have the Hyatt which is another property that comes up often as a name your own price win.

Is it reasonable to conclude a name your own price won't be significantly lower than the express deals? If so I'd probably just go with the Westin if you think that's this hotel.

Priceline express 4 Star

Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Free Parking

Restaurant

Airport Shuttle

Business Center

Fitness Center

Is it reasonable to conclude a name your own price won't be significantly lower than the express deals?

This would depend on what you consider significant. Could PRICELINE bidding be $20/nite cheaper... yes. Could it be $50/nite cheaper... not very likely.

Given the $173/nite PRICELINE EXPRESS rate, how much would you need to save per nite in order to make the risk of receiving the Hyatt worthwhile? I would use this figure as your maximum bid, bid up to that limit, then if rejected take the PRICELINE EXPRESS property.

If you want to follow this approach let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow... or if you just take the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal let us know how it goes.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]