Priceline Hotel: San diego 10/10-10/12

echerrysz
By echerrysz,
in

I tried couple of times to bid a 3* hotel in San diego from mission valley to Del Mar, but failed. The highest bid is $57 which I saw some successful bids at this price for a similar time frame stay. Can you please give me some suggestions? Should I wait a couple of days and retry? or increase my budget to $65 for a 3*? or maybe 2.5* is not a bad choice (which I saw a mixed feedback on 2.5* hotels in San Diego)?

What I really need is a convient located, clean and 2 queen bed room in 45-65 range.

Better with free parking.

This is my first time to San diego, so please help me as much as you can.

Thank you so much for your kind help!

Best,

echerrysz

I am ok with all these zones :

1)San Diego (Del Mar)

2) San Diego (Downtown and Harbor Island);

3)San Diego (Mission Valley) ;

Among all these choices, I think Del Mar & Mission Valley probably are easier to get for a 3* hotel in 50-60 range, right?

Do you think I should try to bid 60 for a 3* in Del Mar or Mission Valley area?

Thanks.

Rates are low, but your stay is only two weeks away so i don't think the hotel is necessarily holding back inventory for the last minute. I would bid as follows for a 3* hotel, where you have two re-bid zones available (if you're not familiar with re-bidding ask for help/clarifcation before bidding):

Select 3* Del Mar...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Mission Valley...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $55, if rejected add Del Mar...

Bid $58, if rejected add Mission Valley...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone

Bid $62, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...or maybe 2.5* is not a bad choice (which I saw a mixed feedback on 2.5* hotels in San Diego)?

What I really need is a convient located, clean and 2 queen bed room in 45-65 range.

Better with free parking.

This is my first time to San diego, so please help me as much as you can.

The Courtyard by Marriott in Solana Beach is the only 2.5* in the Del Mar zone to have come up, and it's a good one. Free parking and within walking distance to the beach. I've personally taken a look around inside and it get's the TravelGuy seal of approval. :) $50-60 might very well work for that.

The local newspaper has an excellent visitor's guide. I particularly like their San Diego neighborhoods.

thereuare, I am not mad at you. I am just confused about how could I increased so much but still got nothing. Normally, it is about 45-58 to get a 3* in Del Mar area. Anyway, I will try 2.5 * now.

Thanks for your help, thereuare. I guess October is the peak season in San diego :)

Also thank you TravelGuy. I will give it a try tonight.

I will keep you updated.

I followed the strategy you gave to me:

"Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously."

What do you mean I didn't follow? I just add a couple of areas (like san diego costal) for re-bids since I knew I can't get a successful bid in this price. I re-bid from $60-$62, still no luck.

Do you think something wrong in my process so I can improve to get a success? Thanks a lot.

Technically Coastal is not a re-bid zone and that is not one of the zones we were refering to.

See PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED for your bonafide re-bid zones. The strategy we presented above would have had you bid up to $65 for all three zones you were willing to accept.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]