2 queen beds or 2 double beds?

TJan
By TJan,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding.

PRICELINE only guarantees one bed/double occupancy. One can request two beds with the hotel, but the hotel can definitely say no or charge more. This is true across the board, although there are some areas that this is particularly true (NYC) and some areas where one may have better luck (Orlando.)

HOTWIRE is a better choice for larger parties, as one can indicate 3-4 people in the room and get some form of bedding for the whole party. However, that may mean 2 beds, 1 + rollaway or 1 + sofabed.

If you need assistance with your stay, please provide the complete details of the trip (destination, desired zone, desired budget, desired star rating, etc.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

We have 2 adults and 2 kids. All of them rolls around when they sleep except me. So we will need 2 queens or 1 king + 1 sofabed. Cannot really take a chance there. Does Hotwire let you know in advance or no?

If you haven't yet please start by reading your messages.

Your only option would be PRICELINE EXPRESS and choosing an offer that lists a 'Bed Option Available' and when viewing the offer if one of the bed options is for 2 queen beds.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or the links in our Support Page if the opaque providers don't work for your needs this trip)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not sure where it is that you're searching for a hotel, but generally speaking the PRICELINE EXPRESS deals are very good and you typically can't find retail rates anywhere near what is offered from PRICELINE.... it's possible that you're mistakenly viewing the retail "List View" section of their site, which is similar to most other online booking agencies.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. I finally checked out the PRICELINE EXPRESS deals. I could see the Bed Choice Available, and you can only choose 1 bed or 2 beds. But not showing the size of beds. Will it let you choose the size of beds the next page if I enter all my billing info. Will I have the chance to cancel it if I found out the size of beds is not what I want.

Will I have the chance to cancel it if I found out the size of beds is not what I want.

There is NO canceling of a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal.

The bed choice comes BEFORE the final button that accepts your credit card info and makes the purchase. The one I looked at showed bed size and number. There was a choice of 1 Queen for one rate, and 2 Queens for a slightly higher rate.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]