Priceline Hotel: 4.5 New York Palace Help

David_M
By David_M,
in

Hey,

This is my first time using Priceline and I am looking to book a 4.5* hotel in NYC for nights from Aug 21st to Aug 23rd. I am particularly interested in the New York Palace hotel. The price per night listed on Tripadvisor is $344. What price range should I be bidding at? I have checked the listed hotels for priceline and found that in the midtown east area there are four 4.5* hotels and the NY Palace is among them. Does this mean that if I choose this area and select 4.5* hotel, I would have a one in four chance of getting NY Palace?

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can't bid on, or target, a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

Also, the 'retail' and 'bidding' side of PRICELINE each use ra different universe of hotels, and while there is a lot of overlap, some hotels you see on the retail side may not participate in the bidding sice, and vice-versa, so you can't use the retail listings as a finite set of your possibilities... there could always be others.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed. If you want to move forward bidding on PRICELINE, what would be your maximum bid for any 4.5* hotel in the MTE zone? Is this the only zone that is acceptable to you?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can someone please clarify for me the star ratings for these hotels in MTE on Priceline?

- W Hotel

- Waldorf Astoria

- Grand Hyatt

- The Benjamin

- Omni Berkshire Place

The reason why i ask is because the star ratings on Priceline hotel lists have been inconsistent. Some appear as 4 on one list and as 4.5 on the other.

Thanks

I have confirmed all hotels above are currently rated as they now appear in the Priceline Hotel List.

What other zones are you willing to accept as we can include these in your bidding n order to get more bidding opportunities and give more hotels the opportunity to accept your bid price... OR did you want to only bid MTE up to your limit and only consider other zones if $180 should fail?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am willing to accept other areas that have 4.5* or higher hotels. Just not the ones in the downtown/ soho area. What should my starting bid be if I want to get a 4.5* or higher hotel and realistically what is the price range for actually landing them? Thanks again :)

I am willing to accept other areas that have 4.5* or higher hotels.

Please list, by PRICELINE name, the zones that have 4.5* properties in them which you are willing to accept, and we'll then have a look at rates for your dates in these zones.

Thanks.

What about UES, MTW, ESB, and/or Chelsea? All of these zones offer 4.5* properties and meet your criteria of 'any 4.5* in Manhattan except for the two downtown zones', but are not included above. Did you want to include/exclude any of these zones in your bidding? (and which is why we ask that you list all acceptable zones)

When bidding 4.5* in NYC you have SEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4.5* CPS and ESB...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4.5* MTE and TS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4.5* MTE and ESB...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4.5* CPS and TS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4.5* TS and ESB...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4.5* MTE and CPS...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4.5* MTE and TS and ESB...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4.5* MTE and TS and CPS...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4.5* CPS and ESB and MTE and TS...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]