Priceline Hotel: Bay Area 9/27-30...please help

onebumwheel
By onebumwheel,
in

I need to go to the Bay Area for a last minute meeting this Tuesday the 27th though Friday the 30th. I've looked on Hotwire and there seems to be nothing decent available. I want to try priceline, but have rarely been succesful using it (other than for rental cars, for which I find it to be amazing!) and dont have time to spare.

I'd prefer to stay somewhere in Berkeley or Emeryville (east Bay), but Oakland or even San Fran would work. I need somewhere halfway decent (3* or up), with secure parking. Can someone please help me come up with a Priceline bidding strategy?

Thanks!

The highest star rating offered in the Berkeley-Emoryville zone is 2.5*, so i dont' know if that is an option since it's below your stated minimum star rating. However, the two hotels we know about reported in this zone are sold-out for your above dates so even at 2.5* it's not a likely option.

I know Oakland is an option which we will include, but which zones in San Francisco would you consider? The airport zone is usually very inexpensive, would that work for your plans? (if so, would its often low price make it a prefered zone vs. the Oakland zone?)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I suppose I would include 2.5*, but unfortunately it's not available.

Oakland is probably the next best, though SF could be ok. My meetings are mostly in the east bay, which is why I thought of Emeryville. Is there anything in nearby Berkeley?

I dont know the SF area very well, but I do know that parking can be very expensive and I'd like to minimize my risk as much as possible (i.e. try to avoid getting stuck paying $30/night for parking).

Thoughts?

If you look at priceline's map of the Oakland-East Bay area you'll see that Berkeley and Emoryville are combined into one zone.

Hotels in SFO usually go for under $50/nite, so even with an additional parking charge you'd be under/close to $75/nite (although the parking charge may leave a sour taste in your mouth).... but i'm not from the area either so i don't know the logistics/traffic of traveling from one area to the other.

Let us know what you decide and we'll suggest a strategy for it.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Only Berkeley-Emoryville has 2.5* as the highest rating... Oakland does have 3* bidding available. At the 3* level you have 3 re-bid zones available at the 2.5* level you only have one (if you're not sure about re-bidding and which zones qualify please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING and ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board)

Select 3* Oakland...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Oakland...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]