Hotwire Hotel: Tuckster

Tuckster
By Tuckster,
in

How confident should I be getting the Occidental Grand Cozumel ?? It looks like all the amenities match but I really don't want to be north of town as our main goal is to scuba dive. I've also tead where some people actually bid for 1 night & then come back & bid again if they get the right hotel ?? Here is what I have seen so far (& my dates).

Expedia & Orbitz $214.00/night

Hotwire $157.00/night

My dates

10/01 for 4 nights

Thanks for any & all help/suggestions

There are only two 4 stars & only 1 of them is AI

Resort

Food & Bev included

A La Carte dining options

Water sports/ocean activities included

Evening entertainment included

Daily Activities included

Pool(s)

Spa Services

Fitness Center

Children's Activity Program

Restaurant(s)

Compimentary Breakfast (at a minimum)

I would rate your chances as "very good", but of course you are buying an opaque product, so there are no guarantees. There could always be another hotel with the same exact star rating and amenties that we don't yet know about.

One option is to see if this hotel appears for the first nite of your stay and then again for the last three nites of your stay... you can then book the first nite in order to "look behind the curtain" and if it is indeed the Occidental Grand Cozumel (or some other hotel you are pleased with) then book the remaining nites. Splitting like this will cost you a few extra dollars than booking all 4 nites at once, but it minimizes the risk somewhat, although there is always the slight chance that the second purchase (with the same amenties and star rating) turns out to be an entirely different hotel that we don't yet know about.

Let us know what you decide to do and how it goes, or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]